5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Dead bodies that have been preserved using salt and chemicals to keep them from rotting and decaying.
- b Organelles that protect the cell from foreign invaders and break down chemicals.
- c A Dutch scientist who discovered how to magnify things with glass lenses.
- d A group of cells of the same type.
- e DNA is packaged into units called ______. Your body has 46 of these units.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The membrane that surrounds the nucleus.
- A famous Greek philosopher that believed the body has four liquids that need to be balanced in order to be healthy.
- The control center of the cell.
- A French scientist who questioned Galen's ideas and dissected human cadavers.
- Small structures within a cell. The word means "little organs."
5 True/False questions
Cytoplasm → The jelly-like substance inside a cell, in which all the organelles float.
DNA → Letters we use to refer to deoxyribonucleic acid, which is the molecule inside every living thing that contains all the information about that thing.
Phlegmatic → A personality that likes to be in control.
Melancholy → A personality that is artistic and thoughtful.
ER → Tiny organisms that can cause diseases.