5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Dead bodies that have been preserved using salt and chemicals to keep them from rotting and decaying.
- b A Greek philosopher before Hippocrates, considered one of the greatest thinkers of all time.
- c The jelly-like substance inside a cell, in which all the organelles float.
- d Organelles that protect the cell from foreign invaders and break down chemicals.
- e A personality that is easy to get along with and usually happy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The study of the human body, all its parts, and how it's put together.
- Two letters that we use to refer to the endoplasmic reticulum, which transports chemicals and gets rid of waste in a cell.
- The membrane that surrounds the nucleus.
- A personality that is excitable and full of energy.
- A group of cells of the same type.
5 True/False questions
DNA → The DNA's messenger, which copies part of the information that is in the DNA and then leaves the nucleus.
Leeuwenhoek → A Dutch scientist who discovered how to magnify things with glass lenses.
Humors → The name of the four liquids that Hippocrates believed would bring health to the body, if a person had equal amounts of the liquids.
Spontaneous Generation → The wrong idea that life can come into existence from nonliving things.
Vesalius → A French scientist who questioned Galen's ideas and dissected human cadavers.