Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
MKT 4310- HW 1
Terms in this set (19)
A way in which the domestic economy of a country can be strengthened when internal economic conditions deteriorate is by
imposing restrictions against foreign investments
Which of the following are true statements about global awareness
- Global awareness is related to what is known as "cultural intelligence"
- Global awareness includes a willingness to learn how cultures differ from each other
is the type pf marketing that involves pricing and promoting the goods and services of a company to customers in more than one country
In the context of international marketing, rank the following steps in a cross-cultural analysis that isolates the SRC influences in the correct order of occurrence, with the first step at the top.
- Define the business problem in terms of home-country cultural traits, habits or norms
- Define the business problem in terms of foreign-country traits habits or norms by consulting with persons native to the target country
- Isolate the SRC influence in the problem and examine it carefully to see how it complicated the problem
- Redefine the problem without the SRC influence and solve for the optimum business goal situation
Chief obstacle of being successful in international marketing?
- Self-Reference criterion
The belief that the way people in your own company or cultural do things is the best way of doing them is known as
True statement regarding the internationalization of US business
US companies are necessarily having to deal with foreign business, even within the US
True statements about companies at the global marketing stage of international marketing involvement
- The companies define market segments based on income levels and usage patterns
- The companies typically adopt this stage quickly once more than 1/2 of a company's revenues are from foreign markets
In the context of international marketing involvement which of the following is a true statement about a company in the no direct foreign marketing stage?
The company does not actively seek customers outside national boundaries
Elements in international marketing are uncontrollable elements of domestic environment?
- Political and legal forces
- Economic climate
In regular foreign marketing, an increase in overseas demands leads to
setting aside part of what is produces for foreign sales
Which of the following is a true statement about infrequent foreign marketing?
It can result from temporary surpluses in product caused by variations in production levels or demand
Features of companies engaged in international marketing
- They plan the production of products for various countries. - They try to sell their products all over the world.
Factors that help spur internationalization
- Small home markets
- Managers with good international connections
- Large production capacities
Practice that international marketers should follow
They should seek to understand the people and their culture in each country the marketers will implement a marketing program
In the context of international marketing and commerce, which of the following are ways in which you can deal with the natural fluctuations in markets
- Nurturing reliable interpersonal relationships
- Establishing good commercial relationships
A feature of infrequent foreign marketing is that is
involves selling products that are not expected to remain available to foreign buyers
what factors are having a strong effect on global business and will continue doing so for the foreseeable future?
the rapid growth of the world trade organization and new free trade agreements around the world; the rend toward the acceptance of free market system among developing countries in latin america, asia and eastern europe, the burgeoning impact of the internet, phones and other global media on the dissolution of national borders; the mandate to manage the resources and global environment properly for the generations to come
Which of the following are true statements about companies engaged in regular foreign marketing?
- They may have their own sales force in important foreign markets
- They may employ domestic overseas intermediaries
Sets with similar terms
International Marketing Ch. 1
Book Notes Chapter 1
Chapter 1 International Marketing (1)
Other sets by this creator
MKT MGT FINAL
MKT MGT #2
Marketing Research #2
Other Quizlet sets
SCI 110 Exam 2
Unit 2 Exam