5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- PHOSPHOLIPID BILAYER
- a of cancer = the spread of cancerous cells from one organ to a more distant one.
- b cancerous, abnormally dividing cells
- c in the nucleus of each somatic cell there are 46 separate strands of...
- d a double layer of phospholipids whose orientation is due to their amphiphilic nature.
- e study of cancer
5 Multiple choice questions
- the water which is in the cytosol or ECF
- there is a difference in the number and type of ions that are found along the inner and outer membrane surface, this creates what is known as an:
- RBCs exposed to a hypertonic solution, water will flow out of the cells, causing them to shrivel up.
- refers to the idea that the membrane restricts passage of some substances and permits passage of others into or out of the cell.
- proteins that have unique 3-D shapes and are chemically very active.
5 True/False questions
ZYGOTE → the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
ELECTRICAL CHARGE → there is a difference in the number and type of ions that are found along the inner and outer membrane surface, this creates what is known as an:
EXOCYTOSIS → movement into cells
ACTIVE TRANSPORT → does require energy from ATP
MEIOSIS → the movement of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrane.