5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- FACILITATED DIFFUSION
- a molecules that connot get through the phospholipid bilayer may move across the membrane by traveling through specific integral proteins that act as carriers or transport proteins.
- b if all the carrier proteins for glucose are being used it is said taht transport is occurring at the maximum rate possible.
- c the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
- d used when both solutions have the same concentration of solute.
- e fluid material between the nuclear envelope and the plasma membrane.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
- cancerous, abnormally dividing cells
- act as carriers that move substances across the membrane ECF-ICF
- will not gain or lose h2o
- spread of cancerous cells away from their point of origin
5 True/False questions
SIMPLE DIFFUSION → the tendency of atoms, molecules, or ions in a liquid or air solution to move spontaneously from where there are more of them to where there are fewer of them.
PASSIVE TRANSPORT → does require energy from ATP
EXOCYTOSIS → movement out of cell
CHOLESTEROL → molecules help stablilize the plasma membrane.
ZYGOTE → the stuff that is dissolved in that water.