5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ACTION POTENTIAL
- a RBCs exposed to a hypotonic solution, water will flow into the cells and can actually cause them to burst
- b if all the carrier proteins for glucose are being used it is said taht transport is occurring at the maximum rate possible.
- c not cancerous, cells don't spread
- d the depolarization that initiates a flow of electricial current that is known as:
- e the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.
- will not gain or lose h2o
- molecules help stablilize the plasma membrane.
- the water which is in the cytosol or ECF
- RBCs exposed to a hypertonic solution, water will flow out of the cells, causing them to shrivel up.
5 True/False questions
GLOBULAR PROTEIN → proteins that have unique 3-D shapes and are chemically very active.
PHAGOCYTOSIS → cell eating
FACILITATED DIFFUSION → the tendency of atoms, molecules, or ions in a liquid or air solution to move spontaneously from where there are more of them to where there are fewer of them.
MALIGNANT → cancerous, abnormally dividing cells
ELECTROCHEMICAL GRADIENT → the phospholipid bilayer is impermeable to all charged molecules and ions, these will require assistance in the form of integral proteins