5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CELL PERMEABILITY DEPENDS ON :
- GLOBULAR PROTEIN
- a solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
- b the solution with the HIGHER concentration of solute than the other solution.
- c when cells develop unique characteristics they are said to:
- d cancerous, abnormally dividing cells
- e proteins that have unique 3-D shapes and are chemically very active.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a double layer of phospholipids whose orientation is due to their amphiphilic nature.
- molecules help stablilize the plasma membrane.
- don't go all the way through the membrane, may be inside or outside.
- does require energy from ATP
- simple diffusion- the diffusing substance is said to:
5 True/False questions
METASTASIS → RBCs exposed to a hypotonic solution, water will flow into the cells and can actually cause them to burst
PASSIVE TRANSPORT → does not require ATP
GLYCOPROTEINS → proteins with carbohydrate chains attached
FUNCTION OF INTEGRAL PROTEINS → these span the width of the membrane, go all the way through from the outside of the cell to inside of the cell, many have hollow centers
EXOCYTOSIS → movement out of cell