5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- MOVING DOWN A CONCENTRATION GRADIENT
- CELL PERMEABILITY DEPENDS ON :
- a solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
- b simple diffusion- the diffusing substance is said to:
- c RBCs exposed to a hypotonic solution, water will flow into the cells and can actually cause them to burst
- d RBCs exposed to a hypertonic solution, water will flow out of the cells, causing them to shrivel up.
- e the water which is in the cytosol or ECF
5 Multiple choice questions
- the 2-stage process that occurs in the ovaries or testes and results in the formation of gametes that have 1 of each chromosome
- single celled fertilized egg called a:
- the depolarization that initiates a flow of electricial current that is known as:
- the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
- the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
5 True/False questions
EXOCYTOSIS → movement into cells
ONCOLOGY → the movement of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrane.
ELECTROCHEMICAL GRADIENT → the phospholipid bilayer is impermeable to all charged molecules and ions, these will require assistance in the form of integral proteins
RBCs EXPOSED TO AN ISOTONIC SOLUTION → will not gain or lose h2o
HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE → all the cells in the human body except for the sperm and the egg