5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ACTION POTENTIAL
- RESTING MEMBRANE POTENTIAL
- PERIPHERAL PROTEINS
- a molecules help stablilize the plasma membrane.
- b don't go all the way through the membrane, may be inside or outside.
- c measurable voltage across the membrane of a resting nerve or muscle cell that is called the:....cell in this state is said to be polarized
- d the depolarization that initiates a flow of electricial current that is known as:
- e cell eating
5 Multiple choice questions
- the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
- term that refers to what has been filtered through the spm is:
- when cells develop unique characteristics they are said to:
- fluid material between the nuclear envelope and the plasma membrane.
- the solution with the HIGHER concentration of solute than the other solution.
5 True/False questions
CELL PERMEABILITY DEPENDS ON : → solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
PLASMA MEMBRANE → the term used to refer either to the sperm or the egg
METASTASIS → of cancer = the spread of cancerous cells from one organ to a more distant one.
HYPOTONIC → the solution with the HIGHER concentration of solute than the other solution.
TMAX → fluid material between the nuclear envelope and the plasma membrane.