5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the solution with the HIGHER concentration of solute than the other solution.
- b in the nucleus of each somatic cell there are 46 separate strands of...
- c used when both solutions have the same concentration of solute.
- d not cancerous, cells don't spread
- e greater the difference in the amount of the diffusing substance, the faster diffusion will occur.
5 Multiple choice questions
- simple diffusion- the diffusing substance is said to:
- cell drinking
- proteins with carbohydrate chains attached
- alterations in the distributionof ions at the membrane surfaces will cause a change in the voltage, the cell is said to be:
- single celled fertilized egg called a:
5 True/False questions
TMAX → in the nucleus of each somatic cell there are 46 separate strands of...
STEM CELL → greater the difference in the amount of the diffusing substance, the faster diffusion will occur.
OSMOSIS → the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
CRENATION → RBCs exposed to a hypertonic solution, water will flow out of the cells, causing them to shrivel up.
RBCs EXPOSED TO AN ISOTONIC SOLUTION → measurable voltage across the membrane of a resting nerve or muscle cell that is called the:....cell in this state is said to be polarized