5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydrogen bond
- Physical change
- a A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.
- b A substance that alters the speed of a chemical reaction but is not used up in the process.
- c A change that affects the appearance but not the chemical make-up of a substance.
- d Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- e A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A membrane that allows some molecules to pass through but does not allow other molecules to pass through.
- Lacking any affinity to water.
- The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
- Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
- Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
5 True/False questions
Monosaccharides → Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
Molecules → Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
Unsaturated fat → A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
Chemical change → A change that affects the appearance but not the chemical make-up of a substance.
Concentration → The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.