5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Organic molecule
- a One of three forms - solid, liquid, or gas - which every substance is capable of attaining.
- b The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
- c A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.
- d Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- e A molecule that contains only carbon and any of the following: hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and/or phosphorous.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
- Lacking any affinity to water.
- Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
- A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
5 True/False questions
Disaccharides → Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
Molecules → Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
Model → An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.
Semipermeable membrane → A membrane that allows some molecules to pass through but does not allow other molecules to pass through.
Peptide bond → A bond that links amino acids together in a protein.