5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Semipermeable membrane
- Saturated fat
- a Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
- b The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
- c A membrane that allows some molecules to pass through but does not allow other molecules to pass through.
- d The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
- e A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.
- Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- A chemical reaction in which molecules combine by removing water.
- A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.
- A change that affects the appearance but not the chemical make-up of a substance.
5 True/False questions
Chemical change → A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
Hydrogen bond → Lacking any affinity to water.
Concentration → The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
Polysaccharides → Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
Diffusion → The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.