5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Unsaturated fat
- Saturated fat
- Dehydration reaction
- a A chemical reaction in which molecules combine by removing water.
- b The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
- c A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
- d A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
- e A measurement of how much solute exists within a certain volume of solvent.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
- Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
- A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.
- Lacking any affinity to water.
- Anything that has mass and takes up space.
5 True/False questions
Osmosis → The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
Organic molecule → A molecule that contains only carbon and any of the following: hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and/or phosphorous.
Hydrogen bond → Lacking any affinity to water.
Isomers → Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
Peptide bond → A bond that links amino acids together in a protein.