5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.
- b One of three forms - solid, liquid, or gas - which every substance is capable of attaining.
- c A measurement of how much solute exists within a certain volume of solvent.
- d A substance that alters the speed of a chemical reaction but is not used up in the process.
- e Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides.
- An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.
- The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
- A membrane that allows some molecules to pass through but does not allow other molecules to pass through.
- Lacking any affinity to water.
5 True/False questions
Monosaccharides → Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
Physical change → A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
Chemical change → A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
Unsaturated fat → A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
Isomers → An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.