Upgrade to remove ads
Personal Selling - Exam 2
Terms in this set (27)
1. Answer questions - know your product. Understanding the product is huge
2. Close the deal
Part of the integrated marketing mix
Things the sales force needs to know
1. Your product
2. Your customers... Know your product (carpets don't stain) so that you can understand your customers
3. Your competitors - Wheaton college has a one size fits all degree, but you can specialize at GCC
4. Company - If someone has questions what number do you call?
Things you are going to teach your team
1. Communication skills are necessary... Not only to be clear, but to listen
2. Time management skills
3. Budgeting skills - sales people are normally commission based... plan accordingly
How you are going to set up your sales force
1. Product - know your product. Certain people will specialize
2. Territory - divide them up by regions or territory, could be state or local, or the country
3. Customer - you get these specific customers
Prospecting, approaching, need identification, demonstration, trial close, close, transaction, follow-up
Identifying people who are able and willing to buy. Who really wants this
How do I initially contact them... how do I establish an environment that is going to be comfortable
What does this person really need? Asking questions and listening
Want a carpet that doesn't stain... poor grape juice on it and it comes off
"We can install this as soon as tomorrow" .... "Yea, come tomorrow and..." You have already sold it without directly asking for her money. Asking something that assumes you are ready to buy
"Would you like to purchase this today?"
Close the deal, exchange currency
To see if their experience was good
- Betty at the fridge store
5 Reasons why people do not buy
1. No need.
2. No desire. Crown for teeth- need it but don't desire it.
3. No hurry, I want it, I need it, but I don't need it now
4. No money. I want you , I need you, I would like to have you, but I cannot afford you
5. Not trust
3 Types of Salespeople
Goes somewhere that has not hear and spreads the word. Waits to see if there is any fruit from it.
-Pharmaceutical drug rep
A passive salesperson.
- Walmart - they do not have to talk to you, you talk to them. Calling 1-800 numbers. You seek them out.
Sterotypical salespeople. Paid on commission. Ask you to buy
2 approaches to selling
People who are aggressive and when they come to the door you just want to slam it in their face. They will show you the most expensive thing to get you to buy something cheaper, or vice versa
If I can establish trust I can get my foot in the door. You might listen to me. More passive
Initial Conversion Rate
Give out one hundred pieces of pizza and bought 20... 20% conversion.
Percentage of people exposed to the promotion and end up buying
98% of people tried crystal pepsi
Sustained Conversion Rate
The people who were exposed and came back and purchased again. Idea is to make them continually purchase
100 pizza's... 20 bought them... 1 bought them again... 1% conversion
Measure of assessing whether or not the product is effective.
Giving it away to get you to try it.
Where someone will pay you for the premium. Buy captain crunch cereal. Send in two box tops and you get a doll.
Selling easy buttons at staples. Didn't cost them anything, but it advertised.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
PS exam 2
Marketing Final Exam (New)
Chapter 13 "Closing the Sale"
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
IC Final - 7
IC Final - 6
IC Final - 9,10