Create an account
1. Which of the following refers to the deformation of
Earth's crust that results in the formation of
structural features such as mountains?
2. One of the major tenets of the continental drift
hypothesis suggested the existence of a supercontinent.
What is the name of this continent?
3. Which one of the following was NOT used to support the
continental drift hypothesis?
d. fit of continents
e. rock type and structures
4. Today we know that Earth's rigid outer shell consists
of about 20 segments called ________.
e. crust segments
5. Which of the following is NOT a distinct type of plate
a. transform fault
e. both a. and b.
d. ocean currents
6. The theory of plate tectonics does NOT help to explain
the origin and location of which one of the following?
d. ocean currents
e. major seafloor features
7. Researchers have proposed that the Hawaiian Islands are
forming over a plume of rising mantle material call a _____ spot.
8. According to the plate tectonics theory, continents are
moving through the ocean basins.
9. The continental drift hypothesis can be used to explain
the existence of identical fossils on widely separated landmasses.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together