Upgrade to remove ads
English Final Exam Review
Terms in this set (41)
to swear, to vow, law
to rule, to dominate
to rule, power
to snatch, greedy, devouring
Five Rules of MLA
Times New Roman Font
MLA Title (Name, Teacher Name, etc.)
1 inch margin
Tree Requirements of Works Cited Page
Two Ways to Know if a Source is Legit
What is a TAG?
A sentence that states the Title, Author, and Genre of the work discussed in an essay.
Where does the TAG go?
It is in the beginning.
What is the Order of Content in an Analytical Paragraph?
6) Conclusion/Transition Sentence
Five sets of feet in a line of poetry
A set of unstressed and then stressed syllables
The rhythm of a poem
Revealing the innermost thought of a character
When the audience knows something that a character does not
Poetic justice; good characters rewarded, bad ones punished
A change of fortune
Something that cannot be, but somehow is. (A Contradiction)
Deus ex machina
When an outside entity comes out of nowhere and saves the day.
Repetition of the internal vowel sounds within a cluster of words
What are the Seven Main Events in the Odyssey in Order?
1) Athena tells Telemachus to search for Odysseus
2) Odysseus leaves Calypso
3) Odysseus blinds Polyphemus
4) Circe turns Odysseus's men into pigs and leads Odysseus to the underworld
5) Odysseus survives the sirens and the monsters Skila and Charybdis
6) Helios kills Odysseus's men for eating his cattle. Odysseus survives and goes to Calypso's island
7) Odysseus, disguised as an old man, returns home and kills his wife's suitors.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
St.2, V.2 Verbs
7th Grade Reading - Final Exam Review (Farr)
Latin Background Knowledge
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
TYFA 19 and 20 Figures
Atomic Theory Scientists
Spanish Linking/Transition Verbs