7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Conserving food and oil for the war efort
- Top secret program to build an atomic bomb
- Caused in WWII by the USA being forced to fight the Nazis/Italy in the "Atlantic Theater" and the Japanese in the "Pacific Theater"
- Two cities that the US dropped atomic bombs on in order to end war with Japan during WWII. Some believe it was also a warning to the Communist Soviet Union.
- Effort in the 1930s to avoid making the same mistakes that got the USA into WWI
- Used to hold Japanese-American citizens due to fear of spies and sabateurs during WWII
6 True/False questions
United Nations → Conserving food and oil for the war efort
Korematsu v. USA → Japanese Internment was constitutional because individual or group rights may be limited to protect "national security"
Atlantic Charter → Agreement between the US and Great Britain that became the basis for the United Nations (UN)
Lend Lease Act → Effort in the 1930s to avoid making the same mistakes that got the USA into WWI
D-Day → How the US financed WWII
"Arsenal of Democracy" → FDR's justification for lending weapons to the British to fight the Nazis in what was known as the Lend Lease Act.