7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- 1945 Meeting between Allied leaders; FDR, Churchill, and Stalin during WWII to plan for post-war, signs that US Britain feared future Communist expansion.
- Caused in WWII by the USA being forced to fight the Nazis/Italy in the "Atlantic Theater" and the Japanese in the "Pacific Theater"
- Allowed the British to borrow weapons in order to fight the Nazis
- How the US financed WWII
- International peace-keeping organization founded after WWII and joined by the USA. Unlike the League of Nations which the US did not join after WWI, the actions of Nazi Germany and Japan as well as the the threat of the Soviet Union showed that the USA could no longer remain neutral and isolated.
- Conserving food and oil for the war efort
6 True/False questions
Neutrality Acts → Allowed the British to borrow weapons in order to fight the Nazis
Rosie the Riveter → Agreement between the US and Great Britain that became the basis for the United Nations (UN)
D-Day → When the US invaded Nazi-occupied Normandy, France and opened a 2nd front in the West. Now Hitler fought Soviets in the East and US/Britain in the West.
US Foriegn Policy in the 1930's → Propaganda tool to encourage women to take factory jobs
"Arsenal of Democracy" → Effort in the 1930s to avoid making the same mistakes that got the USA into WWI
Atlantic Charter → Agreement between the US and Great Britain that became the basis for the United Nations (UN)