7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Meeting between Stalin, Truman and Churchill about dividing up Germany and led to the Cold War
- Propaganda tool to encourage women to take factory jobs
- Caused in WWII by the USA being forced to fight the Nazis/Italy in the "Atlantic Theater" and the Japanese in the "Pacific Theater"
- Allowed the British to borrow weapons in order to fight the Nazis
- Agreement between the US and Great Britain that became the basis for the United Nations (UN)
- Used to hold Japanese-American citizens due to fear of spies and sabateurs during WWII
6 True/False questions
Nuremberg Trials → Used to hold Japanese-American citizens due to fear of spies and sabateurs during WWII
"Arsenal of Democracy" → Effort in the 1930s to avoid making the same mistakes that got the USA into WWI
United Nations → International peace-keeping organization founded after WWII and joined by the USA. Unlike the League of Nations which the US did not join after WWI, the actions of Nazi Germany and Japan as well as the the threat of the Soviet Union showed that the USA could no longer remain neutral and isolated.
US Foriegn Policy in the 1930's → Isolationism
Rationing → Conserving food and oil for the war efort
Yalta Conference → 1945 Meeting between Allied leaders; FDR, Churchill, and Stalin during WWII to plan for post-war, signs that US Britain feared future Communist expansion.