7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- FDR's justification for lending weapons to the British to fight the Nazis in what was known as the Lend Lease Act.
- Two cities that the US dropped atomic bombs on in order to end war with Japan during WWII. Some believe it was also a warning to the Communist Soviet Union.
- Top secret program to build an atomic bomb
- When the US invaded Nazi-occupied Normandy, France and opened a 2nd front in the West. Now Hitler fought Soviets in the East and US/Britain in the West.
- Japanese Internment was constitutional because individual or group rights may be limited to protect "national security"
6 True/False questions
Lend Lease Act → Effort in the 1930s to avoid making the same mistakes that got the USA into WWI
Nuremberg Trials → Held the Nazi and Japanese leaders responsible for war crime in WWII
Potsdam Conference → 1945 Meeting between Allied leaders; FDR, Churchill, and Stalin during WWII to plan for post-war, signs that US Britain feared future Communist expansion.
Internment Camps → Used to hold Japanese-American citizens due to fear of spies and sabateurs during WWII
Atlantic Charter → Japanese sneak attack that led to US involvement in WWII
Rationing → How the US financed WWII