5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A presidential _______________ is usually expressed as the percentage of the American public who say the president is doing a good job.
- In October 1973, Congress passed the _______________ which states that the president cannot send troops into military conflict for more than ninety days without seeking a formal declaration of war from Congress.
- The president can erase the guilt and restore the rights of anyone convicted of a federal crime, except an impeached president, through the
- The Constitution clearly assigns the power to declare war to
- ________________, the hero of the Revolutionary War whom the Framers had in mind for the office, helped shape the idea of what a president should be.
- a George Washington
- b Congress
- c War Powers Act
- d pardon power.
- e approval rating
5 Multiple choice questions
- executive privilege.
- executive agreements
- from time to time
5 True/False questions
Presidents derive their official authority from the following sources EXCEPT → leader of a national party
According to the intentions of the Constitution, the president in his role as commander in chief has the power to → command forces in the event of war.
Executive privilege is the president's right to → withhold information from Congress.
While the president has the power to negotiate treaties, they must be approved by the → Senate
In his capacity as chief executive, the president has → limited power to appoint or remove government officials.