5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- By law, the modern cabinet consists of the ____ department heads.
- With the president as commander in chief, the U.S.
- In his capacity as chief executive, the president has
- The Constitution requires the president to
- The Twenty-Second Amendment (1951), limits the president to _____ elected terms.
- a limited power to appoint or remove government officials.
- b 2
- c 15
- d report to Congress on the "State of the Union."
- e gives civilian control over the military.
5 Multiple choice questions
- from time to time
- War Powers Act
- allows him to recognize some governments and not others.
- George Washington
5 True/False questions
What are the formal responsibilities of the first lady? → None
One of the few presidential powers that Congress may not limit is the power to → grant pardons and reprieves.
Article ____ of the Constitution vests the executive power in the president. → only the job of presiding over the Senate.
The president is the commander-in-chief of the United States: → gives civilian control over the military.
The right of a president to refuse to make some internal documents and private conversations public is → executive privilege.