5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The president's executive powers are stipulated in
- The Constitution gives the vice president
- Although the president can negotiate a foreign treaty, he must turn for ratification to
- In October 1973, Congress passed the _______________ which states that the president cannot send troops into military conflict for more than ninety days without seeking a formal declaration of war from Congress.
- By law, the modern cabinet consists of the ____ department heads.
- a Article II of the Constitution.
- b only the job of presiding over the Senate.
- c War Powers Act
- d the Senate
- e 15
5 Multiple choice questions
- limited power to appoint or remove government officials.
- leader of a national party
- executive agreements
- divided government
5 True/False questions
Because a president in his second term cannot seek reelection, he is commonly referred to as a: → lame duck
One of the most effective weapons the president has to influence the content of legislation is the → power to veto legislation
The president does not share one of the following powers with Congress. Which power can the president exercise without consulting Congress? → Granting pardons and reprieves
The purpose of the National Security Council is to → report to Congress on the "State of the Union."
The only constitutional power the president has to block congressional legislation is the → veto