5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- One of the most effective weapons the president has to influence the content of legislation is the
- Who does the Constitution give the power to declare war?
- Presidents often prefer to negotiate executive agreements rather than treaties because
- What is it called if the president shortens a federal prison sentence?
- The president can erase the guilt and restore the rights of anyone convicted of a federal crime, except an impeached president, through the
- a power to veto legislation
- b commutation
- c Congress
- d pardon power.
- e executive agreements do not need the consent of the Senate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- All of the above
- limited power to appoint or remove government officials.
- although Congress passed a law granting presidents the power, the Supreme Court ruled the act unconstitutional.
- House of Representatives
5 True/False questions
How many presidents have been impeached? → All of the above
Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution stipulates that the president, vice president, and all civil officers (including cabinet secretaries and federal judges) are subject to removal for: → II
The Constitution gives the vice president → report to Congress on the "State of the Union."
One of the few presidential powers that Congress may not limit is the power to → gives civilian control over the military.
The roles of chief diplomat and commander in chief affords the president tremendous power over → foreign affairs.