5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- One of the most effective weapons the president has to influence the content of legislation is the
- The president does not share one of the following powers with Congress. Which power can the president exercise without consulting Congress?
- The president's right to engage in communications with his advisers that he does not have to reveal is referred to as:
- Executive privilege is the president's right to
- The purpose of the National Security Council is to
- a Granting pardons and reprieves
- b withhold information from Congress.
- c advise the president on foreign and defense policy.
- d power to veto legislation
- e executive privilege.
5 Multiple choice questions
- gives civilian control over the military.
- appoints ambassadors, although the Senate must confirm them.
5 True/False questions
The Constitution gives the vice president → can determine military strategy if he chooses
In his capacity as chief executive, the president has → limited power to appoint or remove government officials.
The Constitution requires the president to → report to Congress on the "State of the Union."
Although the president can negotiate a foreign treaty, he must turn for ratification to → the Senate
What are the formal responsibilities of the first lady? → None