5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- By law, the modern cabinet consists of the ____ department heads.
- When someone lies under oath it is referred to as:
- According to the intentions of the Constitution, the president in his role as commander in chief has the power to
- The president's executive powers are stipulated in
- Presidents often prefer to negotiate executive agreements rather than treaties because
- a executive agreements do not need the consent of the Senate.
- b Article II of the Constitution.
- c command forces in the event of war.
- d perjury.
- e 15
5 Multiple choice questions
- allows him to recognize some governments and not others.
- lame duck
- grant pardons and reprieves.
- balance the ticket ideologically
5 True/False questions
The roles of chief diplomat and commander in chief affords the president tremendous power over → foreign affairs.
In _______________ the Supreme Court unanimously ruled that executive privilege is not absolute and must give way when the government needs the information for a trial. → United States v. Nixon
The president has the power to appoint: → All of the above
Vice presidents have → 2
The Senate decides about removing accused presidents → appoints ambassadors, although the Senate must confirm them.