5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If impeachment proceedings are initiated, who holds the trial?
- The Constitution clearly assigns the power to declare war to
- With the president as commander in chief, the U.S.
- By law, the modern cabinet consists of the ____ department heads.
- The president's role as party leader is
- a 15
- b an informal duty or role.
- c Congress
- d Senate
- e gives civilian control over the military.
5 Multiple choice questions
- have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
- War Powers Act
- All of the above
- executive agreements do not need the consent of the Senate.
5 True/False questions
The president's power to recognize a foreign country → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
The only constitutional power the president has to block congressional legislation is the → power to veto legislation
The vice president's traditional role in legislative leadership has been deemed → Article II of the Constitution.
The president's ability to accept or reject foreign ambassadors → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
When a president issues a regulation that has the effect of law, it is called an executive → pardon power.