5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many presidents have been impeached?
- The only constitutional power the president has to block congressional legislation is the
- As commander in chief, the president
- In his capacity as chief executive, the president has
- Who becomes president according to the Constitution when the president is removed from office, by death, resignation, or inability to perform the duties of the office?
- a limited power to appoint or remove government officials.
- b veto
- c vice president
- d 2
- e can determine military strategy if he chooses
5 Multiple choice questions
- no national government had a president.
- United States v. Nixon
- divided government
- foreign affairs.
5 True/False questions
Who does the Constitution give the power to declare war? → Congress
The Constitution gives the vice president → only the job of presiding over the Senate.
Article ____ of the Constitution vests the executive power in the president. → only the job of presiding over the Senate.
Presidents often prefer to negotiate executive agreements rather than treaties because → Senate
The purpose of the National Security Council is to → All of the above