5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the formal responsibilities of the first lady?
- With regard to the line-item veto,
- The president has the power to __________ bills passed by Congress before they become law, by refusing to sign them and sending them back to the chamber in which they originated, with his objections.
- The president's role as party leader is
- Prior to the election of George Washington
- a veto
- b no national government had a president.
- c although Congress passed a law granting presidents the power, the Supreme Court ruled the act unconstitutional.
- d an informal duty or role.
- e None
5 Multiple choice questions
- Article II of the Constitution.
- executive orders
- House of Representatives
5 True/False questions
When a president issues a regulation that has the effect of law, it is called an executive → order
Because a president in his second term cannot seek reelection, he is commonly referred to as a: → order
The Constitution requires that the president report on the State of the Union → from time to time
The president's right to engage in communications with his advisers that he does not have to reveal is referred to as: → an informal duty or role.
Who becomes president according to the Constitution when the president is removed from office, by death, resignation, or inability to perform the duties of the office? → command forces in the event of war.