5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The right of a president to refuse to make some internal documents and private conversations public is
- In October 1973, Congress passed the _______________ which states that the president cannot send troops into military conflict for more than ninety days without seeking a formal declaration of war from Congress.
- A presidential _______________ is usually expressed as the percentage of the American public who say the president is doing a good job.
- The president's power to recognize a foreign country
- The president does not share one of the following powers with Congress. Which power can the president exercise without consulting Congress?
- a executive privilege.
- b Granting pardons and reprieves
- c requires no ratification or consultation.
- d approval rating
- e War Powers Act
5 Multiple choice questions
- gives civilian control over the military.
- executive orders
- appoints ambassadors, although the Senate must confirm them.
- advise the president on foreign and defense policy.
5 True/False questions
The State of the Union address has become a significant tool in the exercise of the president's function as → chief legislator.
As commander in chief, the president → can determine military strategy if he chooses
The only constitutional power the president has to block congressional legislation is the → power to veto legislation
One of the president's inherent powers is the authority to issue directives or proclamations, called _________, that have the force of law as long as they do not contradict the Constitution. → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
The vice president's traditional role in legislative leadership has been deemed → insignificant.