6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
- inorganic crystalline substances found naturally in the earth
- the decayed remains of once-living creatures
- intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of large-scale catastrophes such as floods, volcanic eruptions, etc.
- the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
5 True/False questions
paraconformities → when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them
igneous rock → rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
sedimentary rock → rock that has undergone extreme change due to lots of heat and pressure.
nonconformity → when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
unconformity → a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another