6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
- "veins" that run perpendicular to the dirrection of the strata
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of large-scale catastrophes such as floods, volcanic eruptions, etc.
- rock that has undergone extreme change due to lots of heat and pressure.
- rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
- rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
5 True/False questions
paraconformities → unidentifiable unconformities
uniformitarianism → a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another
sills → "veins" that run perpendicular to the dirrection of the strata
erosion → the process by which sediments and rock fragments are carried away by wind or rain
lamination → when a single layer of rock is less than 1 centimeter