6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
- intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
- rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
- when a single layer of rock is less than 1 centimeter
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of slow, gradual processes that have been at work for millions or even billions of years.
- "veins" that run perpendicular to the dirrection of the strata
5 True/False questions
unconformity → when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
disconformities → unidentifiable unconformities
minerals → inorganic crystalline substances found naturally in the earth
nonconformity → when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
intrusion → the process by which sediments and rock fragments are carried away by wind or rain