6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the decayed remains of once-living creatures
- intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
- rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
- unidentifiable unconformities
- when a single layer of rock is less than 1 centimeter
5 True/False questions
disconformities → when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them
dikes → intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
igneous rock → rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
nonconformity → when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
catastrophism → the process by which sediments and rock fragments are carried away by wind or rain