6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the decayed remains of once-living creatures
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
- rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
- intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
- when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of large-scale catastrophes such as floods, volcanic eruptions, etc.
5 True/False questions
metamorphic rock → rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
unconformity → when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
erosion → the process by which sediments and rock fragments are carried away by wind or rain
nonconformity → a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another
paraconformities → unidentifiable unconformities