5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nervous Tissue
- Apical Surface
- Muscle Tissue
- a Tissue made up of cells called neurons. A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
- b one free (unattached) surface or edge on the membrane.
- c highly specialized to contract or shorten, to produce movement. Three types of muscle tissue, skeletal, cardiac and smooth(visceral).
- d white, semiopaque connective tissue. Less hard and more flexible than bone. Has abundant collagen fibers hidden by a rubbery matrix with a glassy, blue white appearance.
- e involves repair by dense fibrous connective tissue by the formation of scar tissue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- cord of dense fibrous tissue attaching a muscle to a bone
- a thin layer of extracellular material to which epithelial cells are attached in mucosa surfaces.
- the nonneuronal tissue of the central nervous system that performs supportive and other functions; also called glia.
- Cancer causing agents
- individual cells (simple glands) that produce mucus.
5 True/False questions
Tumor → cord of dense fibrous tissue attaching a muscle to a bone
Metastasis → involves repair by dense fibrous connective tissue by the formation of scar tissue.
Mucosae/mucous membrane → membrane that lines a cavity without an opening to the outside of the body (except for joint cavities, which have a synovial membrane); serosa.
Edema → Benign: not malignant An abnormal mass of cells that remains at its original site of the tumor in the body.
Epithelium → : one of the primary tissues; covers the surface of the body and lines the body cavities, ducts, and vessels.