5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Goblet Cell
- Basement Membrane
- Serous Membrane
- a a thin layer of extracellular material to which epithelial cells are attached in mucosa surfaces.
- b membrane that lines a cavity without an opening to the outside of the body (except for joint cavities, which have a synovial membrane); serosa.
- c involves repair by dense fibrous connective tissue by the formation of scar tissue.
- d a group of similar cells specialized to perform a specific function; primary tissue types are epithelial, connective, muscle, and nervous tissues.
- e individual cells (simple glands) that produce mucus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- highly specialized to contract or shorten, to produce movement. Three types of muscle tissue, skeletal, cardiac and smooth(visceral).
- nonliving material in connective tissue consisting of ground substance and fibers that separate the living cells.
- ductless gland that empty hormonal products directly into the blood.
- (1) the passage of material formed by a cell to its exterior; (2) cell product that is transported to the cell exterior.
- Benign: not malignant An abnormal mass of cells that remains at its original site of the tumor in the body.
5 True/False questions
Epithelium → an abnormal accumulation of fluid in body parts or tissues; causes swelling
Atrophy → a reduction in size or wasting away of an organ or cell resulting from disease or lack of use.
Nervous Tissue → Tissue made up of cells called neurons. A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
Carcinogens → Cancer causing agents
Metastasis → the spread of cancer from one body part or organ into another not directly connected to it.