5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Basement Membrane
- Muscle Tissue
- a the spread of cancer from one body part or organ into another not directly connected to it.
- b highly specialized to contract or shorten, to produce movement. Three types of muscle tissue, skeletal, cardiac and smooth(visceral).
- c involves repair by dense fibrous connective tissue by the formation of scar tissue.
- d a thin layer of extracellular material to which epithelial cells are attached in mucosa surfaces.
- e an abnormal accumulation of fluid in body parts or tissues; causes swelling
5 Multiple choice questions
- one free (unattached) surface or edge on the membrane.
- a primary tissue; form and function vary extensively. Functions include support, storage, and protection.
- cord of dense fibrous tissue attaching a muscle to a bone
- Tissue made up of cells called neurons. A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
- the nonneuronal tissue of the central nervous system that performs supportive and other functions; also called glia.
5 True/False questions
Epithelium → the nonneuronal tissue of the central nervous system that performs supportive and other functions; also called glia.
Tumor → Benign: not malignant An abnormal mass of cells that remains at its original site of the tumor in the body.
Gland → an organ specialized to secrete or excrete substances for further use in the body or for elimination.
Secretion → cord of dense fibrous tissue attaching a muscle to a bone
Neoplasm → abnormal increase in number of cells