5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nervous Tissue
- Extracellular Matrix
- Connective tissue
- Basement Membrane
- a nonliving material in connective tissue consisting of ground substance and fibers that separate the living cells.
- b an abnormal accumulation of fluid in body parts or tissues; causes swelling
- c a thin layer of extracellular material to which epithelial cells are attached in mucosa surfaces.
- d Tissue made up of cells called neurons. A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
- e a primary tissue; form and function vary extensively. Functions include support, storage, and protection.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ductless gland that empty hormonal products directly into the blood.
- : one of the primary tissues; covers the surface of the body and lines the body cavities, ducts, and vessels.
- individual cells (simple glands) that produce mucus.
- abnormal increase in number of cells
- a reduction in size or wasting away of an organ or cell resulting from disease or lack of use.
5 True/False questions
Mucosae/mucous membrane → membrane that lines a cavity without an opening to the outside of the body (except for joint cavities, which have a synovial membrane); serosa.
Carcinogens → Cancer causing agents
Metastasis → an abnormal growth of cells. Sometimes cancerous
Tendon → cord of dense fibrous tissue attaching a muscle to a bone
Serous Membrane → a thin layer of extracellular material to which epithelial cells are attached in mucosa surfaces.