Upgrade to remove ads
Academic Synonyms 2
Terms in this set (10)
The residents were not willing to *
PUT UP WITH
* the poor infrastructure any longer.
The government has decided to *
* the decision until after the next election.
The council finally agreed to *
* the derelict building and use the space for something else.
This essay will *
* the effects of e-books on close reading skills.
People really should *
CUT DOWN ON
* the amount they fly if they are concerned about the environment.
Unemployment rates are likely to *
* in the third quarter as a result of seasonal employment.
The students were asked to *
* their hands if they had any questions.
If Brexit goes ahead as planned, then the fees for European students studying in Britain are likely to *
The fragementary structure of the writing allows the author to *
a sense of the narrator's splintered consciousness
* to readers.
The researchers originally intended to *
* paper copies of their questionnaire, but they ultimately decided to run an online survey instead.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
PUT (expressions and phrasal verbs)
PHRASAL VERBS: PUT
set & put