4. Tailoring and adopting Prince2
Terms in this set (6)
In this module we look at ADOPTING and EMBEDDING PRINCE2.
The seventh principle of PRINCE2 is that it should be tailored to suit a project's particular situation. The aim is to provide an APPROPRIATE LEVEL of GOVERNANCE & CONTROL that doesn't overburden the project management team.
- Tailoring vs. Adopting
- Constraints and influences on a project
- Common project situations and some ideas on how to tailor them
Tailoring vs Adopting
Adopt and embed Prince2:
- EMBEDDING is the act of making something an INTEGRAL part of a bigger whole. It is what the organization needs to do to adopt Prince2 and to encourage its widespread use. The challenge is to tailor Prince2 to embed it into the working practices.
What can be tailored?
There is not single "right" tailoring solution for a project, it takes experience to see what works and testing. Some guidelines:
- Processes can be combined or adapted.
- Themes need to be applied but you just need to use appropriate techniques (not everything)
- Roles can be combined or split
- Management products can be combined or split (if the project is complex/ (in) formal documents - flexibility)
- Terminology can be adjusted to suit standards & policies (provided it is used consistently)
Tailoring may need to take into account...
standards, policies, laws or regulations from outside the organization
Who is responsible for tailoring? Tailoring responsibilities
PM- identifying anything that needs to be tailored and document it in the PID, this would need to be approved by the Project Board,
other people who can give support/advice:
- project assurance,
- centre of excellence,
- project support,
- team managers
Agile has a very strong focus on principles
Prince2 principles align and are complimentary to the agile way of working. Most of the agile frameworks and methods promote a set in some form.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Academic Word Lists - AWL Sublists
FBLA Intro to Business Procedures
HPM final study
HDFS 486 (taken from 2016)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
6. Theme BUSINESS CASE
5. Introduction to Prince2 THEMES
Expresar deseos y reaccionar
Futuro simple de indicativo
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Prince2 Study Guide
PRINCE2 The Seven Principles