5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ria Coast
- Cyclonic storms
- What is the first basic cause of Precipitation?
- Slip face
- a the horizontal convergence of moist air toward a center or line of low barometric pressure. The convergence, accompanied by the rise of air and its cooling by the adiabatic process results in the formation of clouds and production of ppt.
- b intense weather disturbance within a moving cyclon generating strong winds, cloudiness and ppt
- c a deeply embayed coast resulting from submergence of a landmass dissected by stream. This coast has many offshore islands.
- d steep face of an active sand dune recieving sand by saltation over the dun crest and repeatedly sliding down because of oversteepening of the dune crest.. this is how dune will move or migrate. Angle is at 35 degrees
- e amount of hea required at a pressure of one atmosphere to raise the temperature on one gram of water one degree centigrade.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a "rain" cloud or a stratiform clouds
- a dense mass of suspended water or ice particles ranging in diameter from 20-50 microns (micron= one one-millionth of meter)
- Stratiforms and Cumuliform
- loose particles lying on the ground surface may be lifted into the air or rolled or bounced along the ground by the wind
5 True/False questions
Tornado → when waves reach shallow water, the drag on bottom slows and steepens the wave until it leaps forward and collapse
Rip tide → a strong enough undercurrent/undertow that can sweep swimmers off their feet and carry them seaward
Adiabatic process → change of temperature within a gas because of compression or exmpansion, without gain or loss of heat form the outside. Therefore, expansion always results in cooling and compression results in warming
Adiabatic lapse rate → down faulting of a coastal margin of a continent can allow the shoreline to come to rest against a fault scarp
Mudflat → barren expanses of silt and clay exposed at low tide but covered at high tide