5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trough of low pressure
- Acid rain
- pocket beach
- Wave Cyclone
- Snowy Forest (Temperate) Climate-
- a rainwater having an abnormally high content of the sulfate ion and showing a pH between 2 and 5 as a reasult of air pollution by combustion products of fuels having high sulfur, content
- b traveling vortex-like cyclone involving interaction of cold and warm air masses along sharply defined fronts. The dominante type of weather disturbance common in the artic and mid-latitudes. Seen in Galvestion in late fall and winter. Steered by Jeet streams, and can be mild to severe
- c (D) coldest month has an average temperaute < 26.6 deg. f. Average temp of the warmest month >50 deg F
- d lies between two large anticyclones (high pressure systems) one of cold dry polar air and the other of warm moist maritime air mass. Air is converging from opposite directions on both sides of the front.. with the formation of the occluded fronts
- e a crescent shaped beach caused by where the coastline consists of prominent headlands projecting seaward and with deep bays the erosional energy of the waves is concentrated on the headlands and wave cut cliffs develop.
5 Multiple choice questions
- when a body of warm moist air is forced to rise, this process can set off convection activity-- consists of strong updrafts taking place within a convection cell.
- change of temperature within a gas because of compression or exmpansion, without gain or loss of heat form the outside. Therefore, expansion always results in cooling and compression results in warming
- a "rain" cloud or a stratiform clouds
- "willie willie" "typhoon" mild to intense storm, common in the subtropics and tropics. Have a depression or easterly wave (thunderstorm) to a hurricane
5 True/False questions
Saturation point → results from the movement of warm moist air over a cold or snow-covered ground surface... as it loses heat to the ground, the air layer undergoes a drop of temperature below the dew point and condensation sets in.
Mild Humid (subtropical) Climate- → (C) coldest month has an average temp under 64.4 deg F but above 26.6 deg F. At least one moneth has an average temp above 50 deg F. Has both summer and winter.
Longshore current → when tides begin to fall, set in and water flow is seaward
Sand Sea → is a sediment deposit built by a stream entering a body of standing water and formed by the stream load
F- → dry season in winter