Upgrade to remove ads
HIST 2112: Bill Clinton by Michael Tomasky (Summer 2018)
Terms in this set (28)
Bill Clinton is born.
Virginia Blythe (his mother) marries Roger Clinton; they take his last name. Bill's biological father died four months before Bill was born.
Starts college at Georgetown University
Graduated from Georgetown University and is named a Rhodes scholar
Draws high number in the draft and is believed to have coerced Colonel Holmes into ensuring that he didn't get drafted
Starts law school at Yale University
Meets Hillary Diane Rodham
Works on his first political campaign
Graduates from Yale Law and returns to Arkansas
Runs for Congress and narrowly loses
Marries Hillary Rodham
Elected attorney general of Arkansas
Elected governor of Arkansas; he was the youngest governor in US
Daughter Chelsea was born
Elected governor once again
Becomes chair of the National Governors Association
Becomes chairman of the DLC
Announcing candidacy for presidency
- Receives Democratic presidential nomination and Al Gore is announced as his running mate
- Wins presidency in November, defeating George H.W. Bush
- Sworn in as 42nd president of the US
- Nominates Ruth Bader Ginsburg to the Supreme Court
- Announces health care reform effort
- Congress passes NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement)
Sexual harrassment lawsuit is filed against Clinton for a 1991 incident
- Newt Gingrich becomes Speaker of the House
- Oklahoma City bombing occurs on April 19
- Affair with Monica Lewinsky begins
- Physical contact with Lewinsky ends
- Signs strict welfare reform bill, giving most authority to individual states
- Wins reelection in November, defeating Senator Bob Dole
Supreme Court unanimously rules that the sexual harrassment lawsuit against Clinton may continue
- News of Clinton-Lewinsky Affair breaks in mid-January
- Clinton gives grand jury testimony (in sexual harrassment case) on August 17
- Orders bombing of suspected al-Qaeda operations on August 19 in retaliation for embassy bombings
- House of Representatives opens impeachment inquiry on October 8.
- House votes to impeach Clinton on December 19.
- Senate impeachment trial begins January 7; Clinton is acquitted on all charges on February 12
- Hillary Clinton begins campaign for New York's U.S. Senate seat.
- Vice President Gore receives Democratic nomination for president
- Hillary Clinton wins election to U.S. Senate
- Al Gore & George W. Bush are locked in a recount in Florida
- Supreme Court decides Bush v. Gore on December 12.; victory went to Bush.
- Clinton's final effort at peace in the Middle East fail
- George W. Bush is sworn in as president
- Moves to NY and establishes the William J. Clinton foundation.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
APUSH: 30 Dates to Memorize
summer assignment- 2nd period APUSH
30 Dates to Memorize APUSH
overall US timeline general of all
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
HIST 2112 Summer 2018 Exam #1
Sadlier-Oxford: Level F; Unit 13 Vocabul…
Sadlier-Oxford: Level F; Unit 12 Vocabul…
Bill of Rights