5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is temporal summation?
- What is left behind when potassium (K+) leaks out?
- Where does each telodendron end?
- What kind of neurons are the cells in the dorsal/sensory roots of the spinal cord?
- What has one process extending from the body and divides into central and peripheral processes?
- a several subthreshold stimuli must sum within a critical time period to initiate new AP
- b anions (large quantities of (-) charged protein molecules that cannot leak out)
which is why the inside of the cell is negative relative to the outside
- c unipolar neurons
- d unipolar or pseudopolar
- e at the terminal bouton
5 Multiple choice questions
- in choroid plexus and other structures related to the ventricles
- Axon length can vary from a few micrometers (in the brain) to as long as 2 meters (in the spinal cord)
- depolarization (where the normal negatively polarized state no longer exists)
5 True/False questions
What occupies spaces between neural processes in the gray matter? → astroglia
Which neuron is found in the brain? → multipolar
When a signal is transmitted over a nerve fiber, the membrane potential goes through a series of changes called the ____ ________ → neuromuscular (myoneural) junction
A _____ stimulus evokes a large (er) potential → stronger
large voltage change
Why are astroglia believed to play a role in transport of substances between capillaries and neurons and in the blood brain barrier? → Because they have end-feet that contact capillaries