5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is EPSP?
- The _________ period is shorter in larger diameter fibers.
- A strong stimulus will evoke generation of ____ APs per units of time
- What are alpha motor neurons and all the muscle fibers it innervates?
- What is the range of conduction speed for myelinated neurons?
- a 2 - 100 meters/sec.
- b many APs per unit of time
- c motor units
- d excitation of receptor membrane
- e refractory
5 Multiple choice questions
large voltage change
- distance from one node of ranvier to the next along the course of the axon fiber
- it becomes more negative from -70 to -90
5 True/False questions
What is saltatory conduction? → distance from one node of ranvier to the next along the course of the axon fiber
What is the synaptic cleft? → distance from one node of ranvier to the next along the course of the axon fiber
How many neurons are in the human brain? → multipolar
During the absolute refractory period, ___ ____ cannot be generated → membrane is not fully repolarized but a strong (suprathreshold) stimulus can cause new AP
What is the synapse? → site of contact with one neuron with another