5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What has an all-or-none phenomenon?
- What is nerve to muscle fiber synapse?
- What is another name for the synaptic knob?
- What follows the absolute refractory period?
- ________ are chemical agents released at the presynaptic terminal.
- a neuromuscular
- b Neurotransmitters
- c Action Potential
- d bouton
- e relative refractory period
5 Multiple choice questions
- rods and cones of eye, visual receptor cells
- site of contact with one neuron with another
- in normal death or in cell death due to injury
- Together with the cell body, dendrites constitute the receptive segment of the neuron.
- unipolar or pseudopolar
5 True/False questions
When a cell fires, what happens? → unipolar
What type of neural summation requires many stimuli to converge on postsynaptic membrane simultaneously to initiate new AP? → spatial summation
What are the steps in the process of synapse and neurotransmitter release? → physical stimulus - sensory nerve ending such as pressure on skin
chemical stimulus - neurotransmitter
What are neurons? → neuron to axon of a second neuron
What is another name for pre-synaptic terminal? → neurotransmitters