5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A weak stimulus evokes a _____ potential
- What is the nerve to muscle ratio?
- What is an internode?
- What is IPSP?
- ________ are chemical agents released at the presynaptic terminal.
- a creates state in which neuron is prevented from firing neurotransmitter substance hyperpolarizes the receptor membrane
- b distance from one node of ranvier to the next along the course of the axon fiber
- c describes how many muscle fibers are innervated by a single motor neuron
- d Neurotransmitters
- e small
small voltage change
5 Multiple choice questions
- It depolarizes
- in normal death or in cell death due to injury
5 True/False questions
What is EPSP? → neuron to cell body (soma) or dendrite of a neuron
What are the steps in the process of synapse and neurotransmitter release? → 1. AP arrives at the terminal bouton
2. this causes depolarization of presynaptic membrane
3. Influx of calcium (CA++) from synaptic cleft
activates neurotransmitter release from the synaptic vessicles
What is glioma? → tumor involving glia
What is are three types of glia tumors? → Tumors
What is the synapse of each axon terminal (bouton) of a motor neuron on a voluntary muscle fiber? → 2 - 100 meters/sec.