5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is neurosomatic?
- What is the range of conduction speed for myelinated neurons?
- What occupies spaces between neural processes in the gray matter?
- What neuron is T-shaped?
- How many neurons are in the human brain?
- a 100 billion
- b astroglia
- c neuron to cell body (soma) or dendrite of a neuron
- d 2 - 100 meters/sec.
- e unipolar
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. AP arrives at the terminal bouton
2. this causes depolarization of presynaptic membrane
3. Influx of calcium (CA++) from synaptic cleft
activates neurotransmitter release from the synaptic vessicles
- at a synapse
- space between the
bouton of one neuron and the cell body, dendrite or axon or another neuron
or the space between the bouton and the cell membrane of a muscle fiber neuron to muscle synapse
- neuromuscular (myoneural) junction
- depolarization (where the normal negatively polarized state no longer exists)
5 True/False questions
Axon length can vary from ___ ____ (in the brain) to as long as __ ______ (in the spinal cord) → Glial cells far outnumber neurons by 5-50 times.
What is called initial segment where action potential is initiated? → -70mV
The thicker the fiber, the longer the _____ → internodes
What unit is specialized as a receptor and integrator of info received from other neurons? → dendrite-cell body
What are the largest and most numerous of the glial cells? → astroglia