5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What do dendrites receive?
- What are the 3 types of neurons?
- What follows the absolute refractory period?
- What are the cells that remove cell debris generated in normal cell death and in degenerating brain tissue/cell death due to brain injury?
- What has one process extending from the body and divides into central and peripheral processes?
- a microglia
- b Multipolar
- c relative refractory period
- d integrative synaptic input from other neurons
- e unipolar neurons
5 Multiple choice questions
- tumor involving glia
- Schwann Cells
- Action Potential
5 True/False questions
By providing insulation, glial cells prevent _____ → negative in resting cell
What are neurons? → Individual nerves cells that conduct signals in the NS.
How is electrical potential measured? → by differences in ion concentrations across the cell membrane (between the intra vs. extracellular fluid)
cell metabolic activity (diffusion of potassium)
selective transport (gated channels in the cell membrane)
What is a soma? → cell body
What is the range of conduction speed for myelinated neurons? → -70mV