Upgrade to remove ads
The Citizenship Test 1-20 Mr. D
Terms in this set (20)
1) What is the Supreme law of land?
2) What does the constitution do?
sets up the government, defines the government, protects basic rights of Americans
3) What are the first three words of the Constitution?
We the people
4) What is an amendment?
A change or addition to the constitution
5) What do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution?
Bill of Rights
6) What are all the rights or freedoms from the first amendment?
Freedom of speech, press, religion, the right to assemble, the right to petition the government
7) How many amendments does the constitution have?
8) What did the Declaration of Independence do?
announced and declared our independence from Great Britain; said that the US is free from Great Britain
9) What are all the rights in the declaration of independence?
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
10) What is freedom of religion?
The right to practice any religion or none at all
11) What is the economic system in the United States?
12) What is the "rule of law"?
Everybody must follow the law, leaders must obey the law, Government must obey the law, no one is above the law
13) Name the three branches of government
Judicial, executive, legislative
14) What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
Checks and Balances - separation of powers
15) Who is in charge of the Executive branch of our government?
16) Who makes federal laws?
Congress, Senate and House, the legislature
17) What are the two parts of the US Congress?
Senate, House of Representatives
18) How many US Senators are there?
19) We elect a US Senator for how many years?
20) Who is one of your US Senators?
Tammy Baldwin, Ron Johnson
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
The Citizenship Test 21-40 Mr. D
The Citizenship test 41-60 Mr. D
The Citizenship Test 81-100 Mr. D
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
100 Citizenship Test Questions
Unit 2 US Government
Principles of American Democracy
Section 3 of US Citizenship Test
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
introductions and conclusions
3 Branches of Government
Posters #1 - Figurative Language