The Citizenship Test 21-40 Mr. D
Terms in this set (20)
21) The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
22) We elect a US representative for how many years?
23) Name your US representative?
24) Who does a US senator represent?
He or She represents the people of the state
25) Why do some states have more US representatives than others?
It is based on population
26) We elect a president for how many years?
27) In what month do we vote for president?
28) What is the name of the president of the US today?
29) What is the name of the Vice President of the US today?
30) If the president can no longer serve, who becomes president?
31) If both the president and vice president can no longer serve, who becomes president?
the Speaker of the House
32) Who is the Commander in Chief of the US military?
33) Who signs bills into law?
34) Who vetoes bills?
35) What does the Presidents cabinet do?
advises the President
36) What are two cabinet level positions?
▪ Secretary of Agriculture
▪ Secretary of Commerce
▪ Secretary of Defense
▪ Secretary of Education
▪ Secretary of Energy
▪ Secretary of Health and Human Services
▪ Secretary of Homeland Security
▪ Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
▪ Secretary of the Interior
▪ Secretary of Labor
▪ Secretary of State
▪ Secretary of Transportation
▪ Secretary of the Treasury
▪ Secretary of Veterans Affairs
▪ Attorney General
▪ Vice President
37) What does the judicial branch do?
reviews laws, explains laws, resolves disputes, decides if a law goes against the Constitution
38) What is the highest court in the US?
39) How many justices are there on the Supreme Court?
40) Who is the chief justice of the Supreme Court?