Upgrade to remove ads
The Citizenship test 41-60 Mr. D
Terms in this set (20)
41) What are some of the powers of the federal government granted by the constitution?
Create an army, sign treaties
42) What are some powers granted to the state by the constitution?
education, protection (police), safety (fire), provide driver's license, approving zoning and land use
43) Who is the governor of your state now?
44) What is the capital of your state?
45) What are two major political parties in the US?
46) What is the political party of the president now?
47) What is the name of the speaker of the House of Representatives now?
48) What are four amendments to the constitution about who can vote?
citizens 18 and older can vote, you don't have to pay a poll tax to vote, any citizen can vote, a male citizen of any race can vote
49) What is one responsibility that is only for US citizens?
serve on jury, vote in a federal election
50) Name one right that is only for US citizens?
run for federal office, vote in a federal election
51) What are two rights of everyone living in the US?
freedom of expression, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom to petition the government, freedom of worship, the right to bear arms
52) What do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of allegiance?
the U.S., the flag
53) What is one promise you make when you become a US citizen?
Give up loyalty to other countries, defend the Constitution and laws of the US, obey the laws of the US, serve in the US military, serve the nation, be loyal to the US
54) How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
18 and older
55) What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?
vote, join a political party, help with a campaign, join a civic group, join a community group, give an elected official your opinion on an issue, call Senators and Representatives
56) When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?
57) When must all men register for the Selective Service?
between 18 and 26
58) What is one reason colonists came to America?
freedom, political liberty, religious liberty, religious freedom, economic opportunity, practice their religion, escape persecution
59) Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
American Indians, Native Americans
60) What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
The Citizenship Test 1-20 Mr. D
The Citizenship Test 21-40 Mr. D
The Citizenship Test 81-100 Mr. D
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Duties of Citizens - U.S. Citizenship Questions
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT - C: Rights and Responsibiliti…
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Propaganda - in war posters
The Legislative Branch Study Guide
introductions and conclusions