5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To lower taxes on imported molasses
- a In 1767 Parliament passed a set of laws, known as the ________ Acts, which taxed imported goods.
- b With the ________ of 1763, the British government set up new provinces and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains.
- c Parliament also passed the _________ Act, which lowered the tax on imported molasses but also let officers seize goods from smugglers without going to court.
- d What was the purpose of the Sugar Act?
- e In 1765 Parliament passed the ________ Act, which placed a tax on almost all printed material. The colonist opposed this new law.
5 Multiple choice questions
- After the French and Indian War, the British faced the cahllenge of protectin their interests in the _______ and new _________ they now controlled.
- The colonists belved thes British actions ________ their rights as English citizens.
- What did thousands of merchansts sign during the boycott?
- __________ help start an organization called the Sons of Liberty to protest the Stamp Act.
- In colonial cities, people were urged to boycott ________ and European good in protest, and thousands of merchants signed nonimportation agreements.
5 True/False questions
British → Parliament eventually repealed the Townshend Act but then passed the Declaratory Act, which stated that Parliament had the right to tax and make decisions for the _______ colonies in all cases.
Parlaiment → ____________ authorized writs of assistance, which allowed customs officers to enter any location to search for smuggled goods.
Provinces → With the Proclamation of 1763, the British government set up new _________ and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains
troop expenses → With the Proclamation of 1763, the British government set up new _________ and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains
tax laws → As the Bristish government passed new _______, resistance by the colonists grew.