5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Declaratory Act
- To lower taxes on imported molasses
- tax laws
- a As the Bristish government passed new _______, resistance by the colonists grew.
- b What was the purpose of the Sugar Act?
- c Parliament also passed the _________ Act, which lowered the tax on imported molasses but also let officers seize goods from smugglers without going to court.
- d ____________ authorized writs of assistance, which allowed customs officers to enter any location to search for smuggled goods.
- e Which law stated that Parliament had the right ot tax and make decisions for the Brtish colonies "in all Cases"?
5 Multiple choice questions
- ____________ persuaded the Virginia assembly to pass a resolution declaring it had the exclusive right ot tax citizens.
- With the Proclamation of 1763, the British government set up new provinces and prohibited colonists from moving west of the _____________Mountains
- __________ help start an organization called the Sons of Liberty to protest the Stamp Act.
- Parliament eventually repealed the ______ Act but then passed the Declaratory Act, which stated that Parliament had the right to tax and make decisions for the British colonies in all cases.
- In 1765 Parliament passed the ________ Act, which placed a tax on almost all printed material. The colonist opposed this new law.
5 True/False questions
nonimportation agreement → What did thousands of merchansts sign during the boycott?
troop expenses → With the Proclamation of 1763, the British government set up new _________ and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains
Proclamation → With the ________ of 1763, the British government set up new provinces and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains.
British → Protesters burned ______ presenting tax collectors and destroyed houses belonging to royal officials
violated → In 1767 Parliament passed a set of laws, known as the ________ Acts, which taxed imported goods.