5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- troop expenses
- a Britain needed new revenue to pay ___________, so they issued new taxes on the colonies an began to enforce existing taxes more striclty.
- b Parliament eventually repealed the Townshend Act but then passed the Declaratory Act, which stated that Parliament had the right to tax and make decisions for the _______ colonies in all cases.
- c With the Proclamation of 1763, the British government set up new _________ and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains
- d ____________ authorized writs of assistance, which allowed customs officers to enter any location to search for smuggled goods.
- e With the ________ of 1763, the British government set up new provinces and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __________ help start an organization called the Sons of Liberty to protest the Stamp Act.
- What was the purpose of the Sugar Act?
- Protesters burned ______ presenting tax collectors and destroyed houses belonging to royal officials
- Which law stated that Parliament had the right ot tax and make decisions for the Brtish colonies "in all Cases"?
- In colonial cities, people were urged to boycott ________ and European good in protest, and thousands of merchants signed nonimportation agreements.
5 True/False questions
Stamp → Parliament also passed the _________ Act, which lowered the tax on imported molasses but also let officers seize goods from smugglers without going to court.
tax laws → The colonists belved thes British actions ________ their rights as English citizens.
nonimportation agreement → What did thousands of merchansts sign during the boycott?
Patrick Henry → ____________ authorized writs of assistance, which allowed customs officers to enter any location to search for smuggled goods.
Stamp → In 1765 Parliament passed the ________ Act, which placed a tax on almost all printed material. The colonist opposed this new law.