5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Twelve Tables
- "et tu, Brute?"
- a Last Pharaoh of Egpyt who seduced Caesar and later Mark Antony
- b General, commander of war in Asia Minor, Plebians tried to transfer power to Marius, Sulla marches on Rome and later wins civil war killing the opposition
- c Even you, Brutus?
- d inscription of laws that were placed in the Forum that guaranteed personal rights of citizens
- e rich kingdom in Asia Minor that was given to Rome after its king died
5 Multiple choice questions
- road from Rome to Capua which crucified slaves of Sparactus' army were erected alongside
- month and day Caesar was assassinated
- "Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder about the threat of Carthage
- Richest man in Rome due to proscription and fire dept. General who defeated Spartacus. He later served in the First Triumvirate but was killed in Parthia.
- large landed estates
5 True/False questions
Rhine River → boundary of Roman expansion north but was bridged and crossed by Caesar as a show of force to the Germans
pyrrhic victory → Sulla's published list in the Forum of outlawed "traitors" and anyone who harbored them
corvus → a period count of the population for military and, tax, and voting purposes which was first taken out by Servius Tullius
"Remember thou art mortal" → Even you, Brutus?
tribune → an official elected by the plebeians to protect their rights and was given the power to veto the laws of the Senate