5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement?
- What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making?
- What was a central finding of Manning's research?
- Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure?
- Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior?
- a Westley
- b Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
- c Neither A nor B are correct
- d Creates job satisfaction
- e To direct and control employee behavior
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- Wealthy neighborhoods
- Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
- Role orientations
5 True/False questions
What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition? → None of the above
According to the text, why are young people more likely to be arrested than elderly people? → Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
Which type of neighborhood mostly dislike police, but also need them the most? → Wealthy neighborhoods
The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
What is the definition of a symbolic assailant? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious