5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following statements is correct?
- Which of the following styles is chiefly concerned with achieving "order maintenance" through control of illegal and disruptive behavior?
- What was a central finding of Manning's research?
- Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar?
- What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested?
- a As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
- b Ladylike behavior
- c Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
- d The watchman style
- e Particularity perspective
5 Multiple choice questions
- None of the above
- The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- Both A and B are correct;
a) How to intervene on a situation
b) Whether or not to intervene on a situation
- Wealthy neighborhoods
5 True/False questions
Which type of neighborhood mostly dislike police, but also need them the most? → Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
Which of the following is one of the five attitudinal dimensions Worden used to explain difference between individual officers? → Role orientations
What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making? → Neither A nor B are correct
Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement? → Creates job satisfaction