5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers?
- Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar?
- What does the expression, "Policing by the letter of the law" mean?
- What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement?
- Which of the following statements is correct?
- a As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
- b Muir
- c Creates job satisfaction
- d Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
- e Particularity perspective
5 Multiple choice questions
- Neither A nor B are correct
- Officers with smaller beats typically have a more service-style approach
- Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
- Role orientations
- The watchman style
5 True/False questions
What is the territorial imperative? → The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior? → Westley
What was a central finding of Manning's research? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested? → Ladylike behavior
Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious