5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does the expression, "Policing by the letter of the law" mean?
- How does an officer's beat affect his policing behavior and decision making?
- What was a central finding of Manning's research?
- According to the text, why are young people more likely to be arrested than elderly people?
- Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar?
- a Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
- b Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
- c Officers with smaller beats typically have a more service-style approach
- d Particularity perspective
- e Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
5 Multiple choice questions
- Neither A nor B are correct
- The watchman style
- To direct and control employee behavior
- Role orientations
5 True/False questions
Which of the following statements is correct? → The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior? → Westley
What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement? → Ladylike behavior
What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition? → Ladylike behavior
What is the definition of a symbolic assailant? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious