5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the territorial imperative?
- What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested?
- Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure?
- Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior?
- The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations?
- a To direct and control employee behavior
- b Westley
- c Ladylike behavior
- d Both A and B are correct;
a) How to intervene on a situation
b) Whether or not to intervene on a situation
- e The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
5 Multiple choice questions
- Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
- Wealthy neighborhoods
- Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
- The watchman style
- Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
5 True/False questions
Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers? → Westley
What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement? → Ladylike behavior
Which of the following statements is correct? → The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
Which type of neighborhood mostly dislike police, but also need them the most? → Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
Which of the following is one of the five attitudinal dimensions Worden used to explain difference between individual officers? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely