5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the definition of a symbolic assailant?
- Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar?
- What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition?
- Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure?
- What type of neighborhood are police more likely to respond to a request for arrest?
- a Wealthy neighborhoods
- b Particularity perspective
- c A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
- d To direct and control employee behavior
- e None of the above
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
- Creates job satisfaction
- Officers with smaller beats typically have a more service-style approach
- Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
5 True/False questions
Which of the following statements is correct? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
Which of the following styles is chiefly concerned with achieving "order maintenance" through control of illegal and disruptive behavior? → The watchman style
What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious