5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior?
- Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure?
- What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition?
- Which of the following styles is chiefly concerned with achieving "order maintenance" through control of illegal and disruptive behavior?
- What is the territorial imperative?
- a None of the above
- b The watchman style
- c The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- d To direct and control employee behavior
- e Westley
5 Multiple choice questions
- Particularity perspective
- Creates job satisfaction
- As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
- Wealthy neighborhoods
- A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
5 True/False questions
According to the text, why are young people more likely to be arrested than elderly people? → Ladylike behavior
The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations? → Both A and B are correct;
a) How to intervene on a situation
b) Whether or not to intervene on a situation
Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers? → Muir
What does the expression, "Policing by the letter of the law" mean? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious