5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- manorial rights
- Reign of Terror
- classical liberalism
- a Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
- b The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
- c Privileges of lordship.
- d love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
- e another term for "classes" of people
5 Multiple choice questions
- Power is held by the people and exercised through representatives elected by the people.
- educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution
- a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
- The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.
- the power to govern
5 True/False questions
liberty and equality → Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights
Great Fear → another term for "classes" of people
Thermidorian reaction → a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
planned economy → an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy
the Mountain → Radical republicans during the French Revolution.