5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the Mountain
- classical liberalism
- Thermidorian reaction
- a a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- b Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
- c the power to govern
- d Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
- e political party lead by Robespierre, men of action, were main leaders in revolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
- These were the liberals of France who did not want to execute Louis XVI, but The Mountain did anyway
- urban workers "those without knee breeches"
- love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
- A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
5 True/False questions
liberty and equality → A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
Reign of Terror → The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
Great Fear → another term for "classes" of people
planned economy → an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy
bourgeoisie → These were the liberals of France who did not want to execute Louis XVI, but The Mountain did anyway