5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- representative government
- manorial rights
- checks and balances
- family monarchy
- a A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
- b The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.
- c Power is held by the people and exercised through representatives elected by the people.
- d Privileges of lordship.
- e the power to govern
5 Multiple choice questions
- an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy
- The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
- Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
- a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
5 True/False questions
Girondists → Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
liberty and equality → Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights
estates → another term for "classes" of people
the Mountain → the power to govern
Jacobins → Radical republicans during the French Revolution.