5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- liberty and equality
- classical liberalism
- a another term for "classes" of people
- b Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
- c the power to govern
- d Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights
- e educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
- a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
- The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
- love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
5 True/False questions
constitutional monarchy → a system of governing in which the ruler's power is limited by law
planned economy → an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy
family monarchy → The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.
Girondists → Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
sans-culottes → another term for "classes" of people