Pinning Ceremony Memorization
Terms in this set (8)
Delta Sigma Pi was founded at New York University, School of Commerce, Accounts, and Finance, on November 7, 1907, and is a professional commerce and business administration fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity and the association of students for their mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote closer affiliation between the commercial world and students of commerce and to further a higher standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare of the community.
The Kappa Tau Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi was established at Clemson University. The International Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi now has more than 290 collegiate chapters with a total membership in excess of 275,000 and is one of the largest and best known Greek letter fraternities in the collegiate field.
Membership in Delta Sigma Pi is extended only to those duly qualified students and members of faculty of colleges or universities in the professional field of commerce and business administration or outstanding individuals in business, government or education of good moral character, who agree to comply with the laws and Ritual of this Fraternity and who are elected by a secret ballot of the chapter.
Part 4 (1/2)
You have been summoned to appear before us at this time to confirm in person by solemn declaration the truth of an informal report which has been lodged in your behalf before the Kappa Tau Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi. The informal report relates that you:
1. Being regularly enrolled students of Clemson University and (pause)
2. Entertaining a high opinion of the International Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi, and esteeming it to be a most worthy and honorable institution, and (pause)
Part 4 (2/2)
3. Having been acquainted with the professional objectives and principles of the Fraternity as set forth in the Preamble to our Bylaws, and (pause)
4. Having found common interests, sympathies, aspirations and ideals among the members of this chapter with whom you have been associated, and (pause)
5. Having been acquainted with the qualifications for membership, our fees, dues and financial obligations (pause)
6. It is your earnest desire to be initiated into full brotherhood in our Fraternity according to the prescribed Ritual and formal rites of initiation.
Do you solemnly bear witness before us that such report is in every respect a true expression of your mind and heart? If so, say "I do."
If accepted as a candidate for initiation into Delta Sigma Pi, do you solemnly swear not to accept the pledge of any other professional commerce and business administration fraternity, and to await with patience until such time as you may be summoned for initiation, and to conduct yourself at all times in a manner courteous and respectful to those who are to become your brothers, and to strive always by your personal actions to uphold the honor and prestige of Delta Sigma Pi? If so, say "I do."
Then by virtue of the authority vested in me as Head Master of the Kappa Tau Chapter of the International Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi, I hereby invest you with this symbol of your pledgeship, the crown and Delta of our arms, and I declare you to be an elected neophyte of our brotherhood.
The meaning of these symbols may not now be revealed to you. To all brothers of the Fraternity, however, their meaning is well known, and they will be a constant reminder of your oath to us and our obligation to you. Brothers of Delta Sigma Pi, I present to you our new neophytes!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Master 1,000 Words in English
Test 1 - Chapters 1 & 2
AOII new member test
Phi Sigma Pi Final exam quizlet (no people)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chap 5 Vocab SPAN 2020
Initiation Memorization F17
Spanish Ecology Environment Vocab (2020)