Create an account
Def. of Health According to W.H.O.
"State of complete physical, mental, and social well being"
- health not merely absence of disease or infirmity
- preventative med concentrates on keeping people well
Prevention of disease or injury.
- hlth education encourages individuals to develop good health habbits
- Environmental modification to decrease injuries from falls, fires, vehicle accidents, and develop adequate sewage and clean drinking H2O
Early detection and proper treatment of diseases.
- Screening programs used to detect disease processes at early age
- limits itself with disability or rehabilitation from diseases.
- Public health can be defined as: those activities of a gov. agency or community group not normally done in private sector to improve health status of community or individuals in community
based on scientific and technical knowledge along with public values and opinions
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Responsible for safety of regulating health products and restricts product misrepresentation in health advertising
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
compiles statistics on mortality and morbidity, and
also keeps track on epidemics.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together