5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the two properties of simple apprehension?
- What is an animal?
- What is a man?
- What is the definition of extension?
- What the the three things associated with a simple apprehension?
- a a sentient, living, material substance
- b perceive something with our senses, form a mental image, conceive its meaning
- c extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
- d comprehension and extension
- e a rational, sentient, living, material substance
5 Multiple choice questions
- The act of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or touching
- The image of an object formed in the mind.
- An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
- We form a concept of something in our minds
- The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
5 True/False questions
What is logic? → truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality
Who is the father of logic? → deals with the content of an argument
What happens during a judgment? → When we affirm or deny something about the subject.
What is soundness? → An argument is sound when the premises are true and the argument is valid.
What are the two branches of logic? → formal and material logic