5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happens during a simple apprehension?
- What is abstraction?
- What is sense perception?
- What are the two branches of logic?
- What happens during a judgment?
- a formal and material logic
- b When we affirm or deny something about the subject.
- c We form a concept of something in our minds
- d The act of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or touching
- e The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
5 Multiple choice questions
- perceive something with our senses, form a mental image, conceive its meaning
- When we make logical connections between the term and the argument.
- a rational, sentient, living, material substance
- An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
- extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
5 True/False questions
What is material logic? → interested in form of reasoning
Who is the father of logic? → deals with the content of an argument
What is a mental image? → a sentient, living, material substance
What is logic? → Logic is the science of right thinking.
What is soundness? → An argument is sound when the premises are true and the argument is valid.