5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is abstraction?
- What happens during a judgment?
- What is a man?
- What is soundness?
- What is logic?
- a The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
- b When we affirm or deny something about the subject.
- c a rational, sentient, living, material substance
- d Logic is the science of right thinking.
- e An argument is sound when the premises are true and the argument is valid.
5 Multiple choice questions
- truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality
- The image of an object formed in the mind.
- We form a concept of something in our minds
- deals with the content of an argument
5 True/False questions
What is formal logic? → interested in form of reasoning
What are the two properties of simple apprehension? → comprehension and extension
What is the definition of extension? → The completely articulated sum of intelligible aspects represented by a concept
What is a simple apprehension? → The act of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or touching
What is an animal? → a sentient, living, material substance