5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is abstraction?
- What is truth?
- What is a man?
- What is material logic?
- What is formal logic?
- a deals with the content of an argument
- b truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality
- c interested in form of reasoning
- d The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
- e a rational, sentient, living, material substance
5 Multiple choice questions
- When we affirm or deny something about the subject.
- a sentient, living, material substance
- When we make logical connections between the term and the argument.
- The image of an object formed in the mind.
- comprehension and extension
5 True/False questions
At what point do you go from simple apprehension to judgment? → We form a concept of something in our minds
What was Plato's definition of man? → extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
What are the two branches of logic? → formal and material logic
What happens during a simple apprehension? → An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
What is sense perception? → The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.