5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Retrenchment strategy
- The best type of portfolio strategy may be WHAT?
- Strategic group
- Strategy Making for Firms Big and Small
- a entrepreneurial firms anticipate future problems, needs, or changes and develop solutions to meet them, even if they are unrelated to their current business.
- b strategy that focuses on turning around very poor company performance by shrinking the size or scope of the business
- c The strategy-making process is the method by which companies create strategies that produce sustainable competitive advantage
- d a group of companies within an industry that top managers choose to compare, evaluate, and benchmark strategic threats and opportunities.
- e related diversification
5 Multiple choice questions
- a company with a large share of a slow-growing market
- Profits,Sales Growth, and Return on Investment
- a strategy that focuses on increasing profits, revenues, market share, or the number of places in which the company does business.
- a resource, without equivalent substitutes or replacements, that produces value or competitive advantage
- a resource that is not controlled or possessed by many competing firms.
5 True/False questions
Shadow-strategy task force → : a committee within a company that analyzes the company's own weaknesses to determine how competitors could exploit them for competitive advantage.
Competitive advantage → a reluctance to change strategies or competitive practices that have been successful in the past
Intrapreneurship → the process of entering new or established markets with new goods or services. (know characteristics for this)
Distinctive competence → the rivalry between two companies that offer similar products and services, acknowledge each other as rivals, and act and react to each other's strategic actions
Stability strategy → a strategy that focuses on improving the way in which the company sells the same products or services to the same customers