5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Retrenchment strategy
- Question mark
- WHAT are the three steps to create strategies that produce sustainable competitive advantage?
- Competitive Aggressiveness
- Core firms
- a strategy that focuses on turning around very poor company performance by shrinking the size or scope of the business
- b a company with a small share of a fast-growing market
- c the central companies in a strategic group.
- d assess the need for strategic change, conduct a situational analysis, and choose strategic alternatives.
- e entrepreneurial firms must be more willing to use unconventional strategies than the firms already existing in a new market space in order to gain an advantage.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a resource, without equivalent substitutes or replacements, that produces value or competitive advantage
- entrepreneurship within an existing organization
- the degree to which two companies have overlapping products, services, or customers in multiple markets
- a company with a large share of a fast-growing market
- entrepreneurial firms are willing to take risks that could result in costly failures.
5 True/False questions
Proactiveness → the assets, capabilities, processes, information, and knowledge that an organization uses to improve its effectiveness and efficiency, to create and sustain competitive advantage, and to fulfill a need or solve a problem
Corporate-level strategy → the overall organizational strategy that addresses the question "What business or businesses are we in or should we be in?"
There are three types of grand strategies.
Name them. → growth, stability, and retrenchment
Direct competition → the degree to which two companies have overlapping products, services, or customers in multiple markets
Valuable resource → a resource that allows companies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.