5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Binary Term
- Read Only Memory
- Joint Photographic Experts Group
- a What "byte" is short for.
- b Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
- c What "ROM" stands for.
- d These small little dots are what make up the images on computer displays, whether they are flat-screen (LCD) or tube (CRT) monitors. The screen is divided up into a matrix of thousands or even millions of these.
- e What "JPEG" stands for.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The mechanisms that read and write data on a hard disk. The ones in PCs generally have seek times of about 12 milliseconds or less. Many of them improve their performance through a technique called caching.
- This represents 1,000 megabytes or 1 billion bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
- What "OS" stands for.
- Slowest Internet connection.
- Internal storage areas in the computer.
5 True/False questions
USB → 4th Fastest Internet connection.
Graphics Interchange Format → What "pixel" is short for.
T1 → 2nd fastest Internet connection.
Cache → A special high-speed storage mechanism. Mechanism can be internal or external.
Keyboard → The set of typewriter-like keys that enables you to enter data into a computer. These are similar to electric-typewriter versions but contain additional keys.