5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Binary Term
- a What "byte" is short for.
- b The brains of the computer. Most calculations take place here. (Abbreviation)
- c Equipment (CPU, disks, tapes, modem, cables, etc.). The design specifies the commands it can follow, and the instructions tell it what to do.
- d 2nd fastest Internet connection.
- e 4th Fastest Internet connection.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The mechanisms that read and write data on a hard disk. The ones in PCs generally have seek times of about 12 milliseconds or less. Many of them improve their performance through a technique called caching.
- What "CPU" stands for.
- An external bus standard that supports data transfer rates of 12 Mbps. A single port can be used to connect up to 127 peripheral devices, such as mice, modems, and keyboards. (Abbreviation)
- This technique includes data compression, but because it is limited to 256 colors, it is more effective for scanned images such as illustrations rather than color photos. (Abbreviation)
- This is the software that communicates with computer hardware on the most basic level. Without this, no software programs can run. (NOT Abbreviation)
5 True/False questions
28.8 → 2nd fastest Internet connection.
ROM → Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
JPEG → The brains of the computer. Most calculations take place here. (Abbreviation)
RAM → Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
Resolution → This term can describe either how many pixels a monitor can display or how fine a printer can print.