5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Disk Drive
- CD ROM
- Binary Term
- a A machine that reads and writes data onto a disk. Rotates disk very fast and has one or more heads that read data.
- b A special high-speed storage mechanism. Mechanism can be internal or external.
- c What "byte" is short for.
- d This term can describe either how many pixels a monitor can display or how fine a printer can print.
- e Compact disks are capable of storing information on this. (Abbreviation)
5 Multiple choice questions
- 3rd Fastest Internet connection.
- Equipment (CPU, disks, tapes, modem, cables, etc.). The design specifies the commands it can follow, and the instructions tell it what to do.
- This is the software that communicates with computer hardware on the most basic level. Without this, no software programs can run. (NOT Abbreviation)
- What "ROM" stands for.
- A device that controls the movement of the cursor or pointer on a display screen.
5 True/False questions
RAM → This is the most common type of memory found in computers and other devices, such as printers. In charge of handling multiple applications. (Abbreviation)
Megabyte → This represents 1,000 megabytes or 1 billion bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
Pixels → These small little dots are what make up the images on computer displays, whether they are flat-screen (LCD) or tube (CRT) monitors. The screen is divided up into a matrix of thousands or even millions of these.
Random Access Memory → What "RAM" stands for.
Memory → This represents 1,000,000 bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)