5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Operating System
- CD ROM
- Binary Term
- a What "byte" is short for.
- b The brains of the computer. Most calculations take place here. (Abbreviation)
- c Compact disks are capable of storing information on this. (Abbreviation)
- d What "OS" stands for.
- e This technique includes data compression, but because it is limited to 256 colors, it is more effective for scanned images such as illustrations rather than color photos. (Abbreviation)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
- An external bus standard that supports data transfer rates of 12 Mbps. A single port can be used to connect up to 127 peripheral devices, such as mice, modems, and keyboards. (Abbreviation)
- This is a compression technique for color images. Although it can reduce files sizes to about 5% of their normal size, some detail is lost in the compression. (Abbreviation)
- This represents 1,000,000 bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
- What "CPU" stands for.
5 True/False questions
Hardware → An application that holds specific instructions for hardware functions.
56 → 4th Fastest Internet connection.
Memory → Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
T3 → 2nd fastest Internet connection.
Byte → A unit of storage capable of holding a single character.