5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Picture Element
- a A unit of storage capable of holding a single character.
- b An application that holds specific instructions for hardware functions.
- c What "pixel" is short for.
- d 4th Fastest Internet connection.
- e This is a compression technique for color images. Although it can reduce files sizes to about 5% of their normal size, some detail is lost in the compression. (Abbreviation)
5 Multiple choice questions
- A device that controls the movement of the cursor or pointer on a display screen.
- What "byte" is short for.
- This technique includes data compression, but because it is limited to 256 colors, it is more effective for scanned images such as illustrations rather than color photos. (Abbreviation)
- What "OS" stands for.
- A special high-speed storage mechanism. Mechanism can be internal or external.
5 True/False questions
ROM → This is the most common type of memory found in computers and other devices, such as printers. In charge of handling multiple applications. (Abbreviation)
Keyboard → Internal storage areas in the computer.
Memory → This is the most common type of memory found in computers and other devices, such as printers. In charge of handling multiple applications. (Abbreviation)
Gigabyte → This represents 1,000 megabytes or 1 billion bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
Motherboard → Main circuit board of a microcomputer. Contains the connectors for attaching additional boards.