5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define Sunnah
- What do Muslims think of the Jewish and Christian writings?
- Define Qur'an
- Define Jihad
- List three behaviors of Shari'ah
- a The Muslims accept these two writings as older revisions of the word of god. However, the Qur'an is believed to be the final messages from God to humans.
- b Muslim women wear simple clothing, Muslims cannot eat pork. Muslims cannot drink or gamble
- c to strive; please God as well as overcoming struggles
- d The way of life of the Muslims
- e the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
5 Multiple choice questions
- It is believed that fasting teaches self-control and makes people realize how it would like to be poor.
- The lesser jihad is the external struggle against oppresion. The greater jihad is the evil in one self
- Angels do work for God. At death of a human, God judges the soul to whether it goes to hell or heaven.
- The hadith is considered evidence to Sunnah
- They treat it as holy, not letting it touch the ground, not letting it get dirty, as well as memorizing phrases from Qur'an
5 True/False questions
Define Hajj and explain what Hajj Promotes. → A pilgrimage to Makkah which brings all Muslims together. It promotes fellowship and equality.
What is the Ka'ba → the Islamic law, which is based on the Qur'an and the Sunnah.
Who is Allah? → Allah is the name of the Muslim God
Define Siyam and when it takes place. → the act of fasting on the month of Ramadan
What is the expression that Muslims repeat during Shadadah? → "There is no god but God, and Muhammed is the Messenger of god"