5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Balanced reciprocity
- a culturally forced to mate with "own group" (money politics religion)
- b receiving is bad and non-prestigious (competitive gift giving)
- c government collects fees and uses them in the "best interest" of the people
- d using mountain sides, floating river
- e meant to be equal (strangers enemies)
5 Multiple choice questions
- cultural features that are fundamental in the societys way of making its living, producing techniques, knwledge of availaabe resources, and the work affangements involved in applying thise techniques to the local environment.
- each roup that results from a division of a society into two halves on the basis of descent
- a society in which pwople are hierarchically divided and renked into social strata, or laters, and do not shar equally in the basic resources that support survival, influence, and prestige.
- decent traced exvlusively through the femal line to establish group membership
- attempting to cheat a trading partner
5 True/False questions
consanguineal kin → related by blood
Avunculocal → Married couple goes to live with the groom's mother's brother
social mobility → upward or downward change in one's social class position in a stratified society
Mal adaptation → lots of people die. Level of "society" drops
Social mobility → the ability of individuals to move from one social standing to another.