5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Outstanding Shares <protected>.docx
- Optical discs
- in no way; the rules are the same
- a Most wireless networking applications use frequencies in the ____ band.
- b Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You are putting together a folder with a series of documents relating to a call to Gaspard Corporation from June 2014. The following questions will test your understanding of the concepts of folder & file naming discussed in the chapter.
Which of the following file names would not be accepted by Windows?
a. Tully Experience.docx
b. Outstanding Shares <protected>.docx
- c Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You are studying the history of various operating systems.
The earliest operating system mentioned in this chapter is ____.
d. Mac OS
- d _____ are thin circular discs made out of polycarbonate, topped with layers of materials and coatings used to store data and protect the disc.
b. Optical discs
d. Hybrid hard drives
- e File naming rules differ from folder naming rules _____.
a. in specifying a different maximum length for file names
b. in no way; the rules are the same
c. in the characters that are not allowed
d. in that two files in different folders may not have the same name
5 Multiple choice questions
- Without a(n) ____, a computer cannot function.
a. pointing device
b. application suite
c. operating system
d. optical drive
- Wireless networks usually use ____ signals to send data.
d. contiguous modulation
- Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Damon is learning about intellectual property, copyright, and plagiarism. You give him several scenarios to test his understanding.
In an article, a journalist paraphrases a few sentences from another author without changing the meaning, and credits the original author with a proper citation. The journalist receives pay for this article. Damon tells you this is ____.
b. not plagiarism
c. too little information to say
d. both illegal and unethical
- Maliciously altering the content of a competitor's commercial Web site is an example of ____ is an act of malicious destruction to a computer or computer resource.
a. computer sabotage
d. a dot con
- When only one file is open in an application, clicking the application's Close button _______.
a. closes only the file
b. closes the file and the application
c. is dimmed and unclickable
d. has different effects depending on the application open
5 True/False questions
too little information to say → You use _____ to navigate, view, and work with the contents and resources on your computer.
a. application windows
b. dialog boxes
c. Start windows
d. File Explorer windows
MANs → Microsoft and Google have created large networks known as ____ to provide free or low-cost Internet access to area residents.
hotspot → A Wi-Fi ____ is a location with a direct Internet connection and a wireless access point that allows users to connect wirelessly to the Internet.
serial → With ____ transmission, data is sent one bit at a time.
Twisted-pair → A wireless ____ is commonly used to connect both wireless and wired devices to a network and to connect that network to an Internet connection via the appropriate broadband modem.