5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- software suite
- Flash memory chips, ROM
- mobile phones
- a _____ has/have begun to replace _____ for storing system information such as a computer's BIOS.
a. Flash memory chips, ROM
b. RAM, ROM
c. ROM, flash memory chips
d. Buses, ROM registers
- b _______ is used to create a collection of slides that can contain text, charts, pictures, sound, movies, etc.
- c All of the following typically use the same operating systems as desktop computers EXCEPT ____.
c. mobile phones
- d If you wish to send a received message on to someone who wasn't in the original recipients' list, use the _______ command.
b. Forward all
c. Reply all
- e Sometimes, related software programs are sold bundled together as a(n) ____.
a. operating system
b. software suite
d. software cluster
5 Multiple choice questions
- _____ are the fastest type of memory used by the CPU.
b. Level 1 caches
c. Level 2 caches
- In the Internet Explorer desktop application, the View favorites, feeds, and history button looks like _______.
a. a turning gear
b. a house
c. a star
d. two overlapping boxes
- Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You study a series of real-life issues to determine what kind of security and/or privacy threat you are facing.
You have found an interesting calendar program at a Web site and downloaded it to help you stay organized. However, within a couple days of installing the program, your computer starts behaving oddly. Strange popups appear, the home page of your Internet browser has been switched, and the system is running sluggishly. You likely have installed a ____.
c. Trojan horse
- The files you create in Excel are called _______.
- From the accompanying figure, you can say that _______.
a. this Internet Explorer application currently has no saved favorites
b. it is not possible to go forward to a more recent URL, only back
c. the computer has a touch screen
d. the screen is not maximized
5 True/False questions
50 GB → In the accompanying figure, box _______ points to a list box or boxes.
botnet → You can find the _______ tab on the ribbon in all Office programs.
Bitmap → A group of zombie computers controlled by one individual, working together in a coordinated fashion, is called a(n) ____.
a. zero-day threat
architecture → The way a network is designed to communicate is known as its ____.
b. protocol path
cluster → On most computer systems, the smallest storage area on a hard disk is a(n) _____.