5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Windows 8
- system clock
- the message has an attachment
- a When shopping at an e-commerce Web site, make sure you only enter payment information on a secure Web page, one with a URL that begins with ____.
d. a deadbolt symbol
- b The latest version of the Windows operating system is ____.
a. Windows XP
b. Windows 10
c. Windows Vista
d. Windows 8
- c If you see a paperclip icon next to a message in the message list, that means _______.
a. the message is time-sensitive
b. the message is high-priority
c. the message has been read
d. the message has an attachment
- d The _____ is a small quartz crystal located on the motherboard.
b. system clock
c. bus interface
d. heat sink
- e The _____ is the main processing device for a computer.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A(n) ____ is a secure, private path across a public network that is set up to allow authorized users private, secure access to the company network.
d. Internet P2P network
- The term memory when referring to computers usually means _____.
- ____ is one of the primary operations of a computer.
- ____ cable is the least expensive type of networking cable and has been in use the longest.
- When you click "Empty Recycle Bin," files stored in the Recycle Bin _____.
a. return to their original position
b. can be retrieved using the Restore tab on the ribbon
c. are permanently deleted
d. are compressed
5 True/False questions
in no way; the rules are the same → File naming rules differ from folder naming rules _____.
a. in specifying a different maximum length for file names
b. in no way; the rules are the same
c. in the characters that are not allowed
d. in that two files in different folders may not have the same name
PAN → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Clarice is a network consultant, fielding questions from clients during the day, and navigating a wired and wireless world both at the office and at home.
Clarice has a client looking to create a network for her mobile phone, headset, digital camera, and PDA. Clarice tells her about ____ options.
"Reply" with Cc to Terry → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You are "learning the ropes" about using different functions when writing and replying to emails. In the questions below, select the answer that describes the best or most appropriate course of action.
Howard sent you an email with a good idea for a widget. You want to respond. You also want to bring Terry, who has experience with widgets, into the conversation.
a. "New" to Terry, cut and paste Howard's original email
b. "Reply" with Bcc to Terry
c. "Reply" with Cc to Terry
d. "Forward" to Terry with Bcc to Howard
over the Internet or another network → Hacking most often occurs ____.
a. in upscale suburban areas
b. when an attacker has physical access to a vulnerable computer
c. over the Internet or another network
d. on college campuses
flash memory cards → To change which area of the workspace is visible in the program window, you can use the _______.
a. zoom bars
b. scroll bars
c. resolution setting