5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dowry deaths
- intrafaith boundary
- caste system
- female infanticide
- a A group of Islamic religion that believes that its religious leader should be chosen based on heredity.
- b Boundaries within a single major faith.
- c a social structure in which classes are determined by heredity
- d the intentional killing of baby girls due to the preference for male babies and from the low value associated with the birth of females
- e the bride is brutally beat or killed for her fathers failure to fulfill the marriage agreement
5 Multiple choice questions
- a member of the branch of Islam that accepts the first four caliphs as rightful successors to Muhammad
- a holy war waged by Muslims against infidels
- lowest class of people in the caste system of Hinduism, do all the dirty work of society
- religious movement whose objectives are to return to the foundations of the faith and to influence state policy
- The belief in material things instead of religious things.
5 True/False questions
Traditional religion → religion that attempts to appeal to all people, not just those who live in a particular location
Monotheistic Religion → a religion with one god
female genitalia mutilation → the intentional killing of baby girls due to the preference for male babies and from the low value associated with the birth of females
karma → the highest of the four varnas: the priestly or sacerdotal category
Reincarnation → embodiment in a new form (especially the reappearance or a person in another form)