5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Paine
- Free Will; Reason
- Benjamin Franklin
- Thomas Jefferson
- Patrick Henry
- a He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
- b He wrote The American Crisis
- c He challenged those at the Virginia convention
- d He wrote "The Autobiography"
- e Led to the Amer Rev: - ___ and ___- a philosophy which focused on breaking free and democracy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Led to the Amer Rev: - A Wealth of Nations by Scotsman _____ addressed capitalism, profit on investment and labor and questioned the colonists.
- A Scottish man, wrote "A Wealth of Nations", says you have a right to make money when you invest, economics, capitalism.
- He spoke in rhetorical questions
- made broadsides
- The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.
5 True/False questions
Great Awakening → Jonathan Edwards has a _______.
life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth → What were the human rights that Locke instated?
Voltaire → ____ was a French philosopher
John Locke → Led to the Amer Rev: The writings of the British philosopher ____ which instilled the idea that all human beings had natural rights and are entitled to political and economic freedoms regardless of birth—unlocked inalienable rights—greatly influenced by Jefferson
conservative; radical → The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.