5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Utopias; freedoms
- conservative; radical
- Thomas Jefferson
- Adam Smith
- a Jonathan Edwards was both a ___ and ____.
- b Led to the Amer Rev: The ___ set forth in early America: a political, religious and economic ___.
- c He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
- d He was a Scottish man.
- e READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
5 Multiple choice questions
- Led to the Amer Rev: The writings of the British philosopher ____ which instilled the idea that all human beings had natural rights and are entitled to political and economic freedoms regardless of birth—unlocked inalienable rights—greatly influenced by Jefferson
- When was the Declaration of Independence signed?
- He wrote The American Crisis, wrote Common Sense, he wrote 92 essays, made bumper stickers, made broadsides, he was "buried" in the ocean because USA, France and Spain didn't want him.
- made bumper stickers
- He spoke in rhetorical questions
5 True/False questions
life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth → Led to the Amer Rev: The idea of ____ which Britain had enjoyed through the Parliament and the colonists had witnessed
Thomas Paine → made broadsides
Thomas Paine → He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
Adam Smith → A Scottish man, wrote "A Wealth of Nations", says you have a right to make money when you invest, economics, capitalism.
Benjamin Franklin → The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.