5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Paine
- Adam Smith
- Benjamin Franklin
- a READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
- b philosopher, theological, scientist, diplomat, he didn't really write Poor Richard's Almanac, moral chart
- c He says you have a right to make money when you invest, economics, capitalism.
- d made bumper stickers
- e He came up with separation of church and state. He was a French philosopher, also.
5 Multiple choice questions
- unlocked human rights, British philosopher and writer—life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth
- Led to the Amer Rev: The idea of ____ which Britain had enjoyed through the Parliament and the colonists had witnessed
- He challenged those at the Virginia convention
- Led to the Amer Rev: The writings of the British philosopher ____ which instilled the idea that all human beings had natural rights and are entitled to political and economic freedoms regardless of birth—unlocked inalienable rights—greatly influenced by Jefferson
- He was a Scottish man.
5 True/False questions
breaking away → Great Awakening: Through God's guidance and inclination ___ occurs
Adam Smith → Led to the Amer Rev: - A Wealth of Nations by Scotsman _____ addressed capitalism, profit on investment and labor and questioned the colonists.
Patrick Henry → "Give me liberty or give me death.", spoke in rhetorical questions, challenged those at the Virginia convention
Adam Smith → He wrote "A Wealth of Nations".
Thomas Paine → Led to the Amer Rev: - The separation of church and state stated by ___