5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Platelets - function
- White blood cells functions
- Platelets function
- a 1. Functions
a. Transport of chemicals important to the clotting process.
b. Formation of a temporary patch in the walls of damaged blood vessels.
c. Active contraction after clot formation has occurred.
- b 1. Least common.
2. Play a role in both inflammatory response & allergic reactions. cause allergic response.
3. Produce histamine and heparin.
4. Account for less than 1% of the WBC.
5. Mast cells - in tissues
- c ...
- d Protect body against microorganisms and remove dead cells and debris, infection. Can level the blood vessels. work like an ameoba.
- e 1. Normals
a. Male 14-16 g/dl
b. Female 12-14 g/dl
2. carries oxygen
3. pigment of blood - hemoglobin mixing w/oxygen
4. contain iron, needed to make hemoglobin
5 Multiple choice questions
- Blood differential
Lists percentages of types of leukocytes
- platelets & plasma
- 1. Smooth endothelium
- 1. Migrate to lymphatic tissues & proliferate.
2. Responsible for antibody production.
3. Immunity - specific
4. Account for 20-25% of the WBC.
5. 2nd most common
T & B lymphocytes
- glucose, amino acids, triglycerides, cholesterol, vitamins
5 True/False questions
ABO Blood Groups: Type A → Type B
Antigen B on RBC
Anti-A antibody in serum
Thrombocytosis → Stationary clot
heparin → keeps blood from clotting in area of infection
Factors Affecting Coagulation: Factors that promote clotting → 1. Smooth endothelium
Erythropoiesis → Stationary clot