Create an account
Taking over & fencing off land to that once had been shared by peasant farmers
- Replace the small strips of land with larger fields
- Made farming more efficient, improving agricultural production
- A group of textile workers who made things by hand
- Destroyed the machines b/c they thought the machines were taking away their jobs
- Had a strong disapproval on the evils of industrial capitalism
- People as a whole who would benefit rather than individuals (Society)
The idea that the goal of society should be the "greatest good for the greatest number" of its citizens
- Scientific Socialism
- Wrote The Communist Manifesto
- History's struggle between 'have' and 'have-nots'
- Have-nots are the proletariat
- Classless society
* Free Market/Trade
- Wrote Wealth of Nations
- Early Socialists
- When there is no difference between rich & poor, there is no fighting
- Everything is shared
The product moves along a conveyor belt across the factory. Workers at various stations add parts as the belt moves past them.
Identical parts that can be used in place of one another; replacement parts
Ex: Mr. Potato head
A long, slow, uneven process in which production shifted from simple hand tools to complex machines
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together