8) Which of the following muscles is involved in crossing one leg over the other in a sitting position?
10) Which of the following is a member of the hamstring group?
Biceps femoris, semitendinosus, semimembranosus
11) Adductor magnus, adductor brevis, and adductor longus are parts of the
medial compartment of the thigh/adductor muscle group
12) Which of the following muscles is a flexor of the thigh?
Rectus femoris, sartorius, tensor fasciae, pectineus, adductors, gracilis
15) Paralysis of which of the following muscles would make an individual unable to flex the knee?
-hamstrings: biceps femoris, semitendinosus, semimembranosus
18) The muscle that originates on the entire length of the linea aspera is the
Vastis medialis, Biceps femoris
19) The muscle directly deep to the gastrocnemius is the
20) The muscle that dorsiflexes the foot is the
Tibialis anterior, extensor digitorum longus, peroneus tertius and the extensor hallucis longus
22) Tom is having trouble dorsiflexing and inverting his right foot. What muscles are most likely involved in this problem?
Tibialis anterior and extensor hallucis longus
23) The bond of collagen fibers that laterally brace the knee are the
24) muscles that laterally rotate the thigh are
superior and inferior gemellus, obturator externus and obturator internus, quadratus femoris and the piriformis
25) The only knee flexor that originates superior to the acetabulum is the
26) A muscle that originates along the linea aspera of the femur is the
biceps femoris, vastus medialis and vastus lateralis
30) An antagonist to the gastrocnemius is the
33) If you bruise your gluteus maximus, you will expect to experience discomfort when?
Hip extension and lateral rotation
34) The powerful flexors of the thigh are the
35) Which of the following muscles rotates the femur medially?
pectineus and tensor fascia latae
37) Biceps femoris, semitendonosus and the semimembranosus are all in the
38) The muscle groups found along the anterior and lateral surfaces of the leg act primarily to
39) The smallest muscle sural region is the
40) The muscles of the quadriceps femoris group insert on the
41) the term shin splints refers to pain associated with which group of muscles?
Extensor hallucis longus, extensor digitum longus and the tibialis anterior
42) The knee extensor muscle that assists in flexion of the thigh is the
54) The psoas major
flexes and laterally rotates the thigh
55) The pectineus
Adducts and flexes the thigh
57) The adductor magnus
Flexes and extends the thigh
59) The gastrocnemius
Is a plantar flexor of the ankle and it inserts at the soleus
2) The dorsiflexion and plantar flexion are synergist actions
The quadriceps femurs is composed of
three vastus muscles and the rectus femoris
Describe the quadricep muscles
rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis and vastus intermedius
Name and describe the action of the gluteal muscles
gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. Originate on the pelvis and act as major extensors of the thigh and abduct and rotate the thigh
Pain between the legs is caused by
the inferior ramus's origin is on the pubis and the medial tibia's insertion is on the
the muscle that inserts on the iliotibial tract and gluteal tuberosity of the femur is the
the adductor brevis has its origin on the
inferior ramus of the pubis
which of the following muscles serve as a common intramuscular injection site in infants?
the vastus lateralis
largest muscle in the body
the adductor magnus can flex and extend the thigh depending on the part activated
movements of the thigh are accomplished by muscles anchord to the pelvic girdle
muscles comprising the quadriceps include the
lateral rotators of the thigh: Piriformis, gemellus superior, obturator internus, gemellus inferior, quadratus femoris and the obturator externus.
function of the iliotibial tract is to
provides stability to the knee and assists with flexion and extension of the knee
which group of muscles can bring the thighs together and cause the knees to touch
the hamstring (back of the thigh), the quadriceps (front), & the adductor (on the inside).
the muscle that looks like a fish is the
Tom is having difficulty with plantar flexing and everting his foot which muscle is most likely involved in this problem
Soleus & gastronemius
a muscle that dorsiflexes the foot is the
the extensorum longus, the tibialis anterior, and the peroneus.
the insertion of the flexor hallucis longus is the
Plantar surface; base of distal phalanx of hallux
Which muscles insert on the calcaneus
the gastrocnemius and the soleus
Shin splints refer to the pain with which group of muscles?
Gastrocnemius, Soleus, Anterior Tibialis, Posterior Tibialis
Which muscles are involved in dorsiflexion or plantar flexion
hallucis longus, the flexor digitorum longus as well as the tibialis posterior, gastrocnemius, the soleus and the plantaris, peroneus longus, and peroneus brevis
The muscle that unlocks the knee joint is the
anterior lower limb muscles
tibialis anterior, extensor hallucis longus, extensor digitorum longus, fibularis tertius
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Guided Reading - Lower Extremity
Chapter 10 muscles
Chapter 10 muscles
A&P 1 Chapter 10 muscle system
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Memory and Stress
Chapter 12 Vocab
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Chapter 11 The Muscular System
A&P Muscular System Ch11
Chapter 6, 7, 8, Anatomy and Physiology Martini 9th edition
Anatomy & Physiology I Study Guide Chapter 6, "The Skeleton System"