5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Liberator
- Mason-Dixon Line
- King Cotton
- liberation theology
- a used by slaves that someday they will be set free.
- b antislavery newspaper founded by William Lloyd Garrison, who called for immediate emancipation of all slaves.
- c gained great support from Second Great Awakening, stressed personal conversion and church democracy
- d cotton and cotton-growing considered the major factor not only in the economy but also in politics.
- e Drawn by surveyors to resolve boundaries between Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, symbolized North-South divide over slavery.
5 Multiple choice questions
- United States abolitionist and feminist who was freed from slavery and became a leading advocate of the abolition of slavery and for the rights of women
- Semisecret Irish organization that became a benevolent society aiding Irish immigrants in American.
- Publisher of "The Liberator", favored Northern secession from the South
- (1794) Thomas Paine's anticlerical treatise that accused church to be bad.
- A Quaker who attended an anti-slavery convention in 1840 and her party of women was not recognized. She and Stanton called the first women's right convention in New York in 1848
5 True/False questions
Pony Express → Mail system between Missouri and California
Robert Fulton → cotton and cotton-growing considered the major factor not only in the economy but also in politics.
Utopia → an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal
William McGuffey → nickname for the Irish Miners' Union in Pennsylvania
Ralph Waldo Emerson → "Leaves of Grass" poet and transcendentalist