5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bell curve
- a Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
- b removes phosphate group and inhibits mitosis
- c Mature female gamete
- d a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group
- e identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
- gene that affects testes and sperm
- the chance a particular outcome of an event will occur; depends on the total number of outcomes possible.
- The order of nucleotides in a strand of DNA or RNA.
- protein that structurally organizes chromosomes and part of nucleosomes.
5 True/False questions
continuous variation → Fusion of a sperm nucleus and an egg nucleus
crossing over → Process when chromosomes exchange corresponding segments; puts nonparental combinations of alleles in gametes.
multiple allele system → Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway
cell cycle → Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
cytokinesis → cell division mechanism that maintains the chromosome number.