5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- crossing over
- homologous chromosome
- homozygous recessive
- a Process when chromosomes exchange corresponding segments; puts nonparental combinations of alleles in gametes.
- b except for the nonidentical sex chromosomes, members of a pair have the same length, shape, and genes.
- c first cell of a new individual, fertilized
- d the chance a particular outcome of an event will occur; depends on the total number of outcomes possible.
- e a pair of recessive alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., aa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reproductive mode by which offspring arise from one parent and inherit that parent's genes only
- products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
- All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
- identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
- an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
5 True/False questions
nucleosome → Smallest unit of structural organization in chromosomes; around a spool of histone proteins.
phenotype → specific alleles carried by an individual
cytokinesis → Cytoplasmic division
anaphase → Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway
adenine (A) → A type of nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with adenine; does not occur in RNA.