5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cell cycle
- a Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
- b specific alleles carried by an individual
- c abnormal mass of cells that lost control over their cell cycle.
- d region on a chromosome where sister chromatids are attached.
- e The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A cell that can undergoes meiosis and give rise to gametes.
- All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
- products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- Mature female gamete
5 True/False questions
fertilization → Permanent, small-scale change in DNA. Primary source of new alleles
codominance → alleles that are both fully expressed neither is dominant or recessive.
locus → The location of a gene on a chromosome
sexual reproduction → Reproductive mode by which offspring arise from one parent and inherit that parent's genes only
homologous chromosome → except for the nonidentical sex chromosomes, members of a pair have the same length, shape, and genes.