5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- homozygous recessive
- DNA repair mechanism
- cytosine (C)
- a a pair of recessive alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., aa.
- b One of several processes by which enzymes repair broken or mismatched DNA strands
- c A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with guanine in DNA and RNA.
- d allele effects that are masked by a dominant allele on the chromosome.
- e The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
- an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
- removes phosphate group and inhibits mitosis
- Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
- The location of a gene on a chromosome
5 True/False questions
linkage group → All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
genotype → specific alleles carried by an individual
homologous chromosome → except for the nonidentical sex chromosomes, members of a pair have the same length, shape, and genes.
continuous variation → a range of small differences in a trait
zygote → Mature, haploid reproductive cell