5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- homozygous dominant
- a region on a chromosome where sister chromatids are attached.
- b two different alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome Aa
- c alleles that are both fully expressed neither is dominant or recessive.
- d The location of a gene on a chromosome
- e a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
- All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
- two (2n) of each type of chromosome characteristic
- Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
- Describes the process of DNA replication, by which one strand of each copy of a DNA molecule is new, and the other is a strand of the original DNA.
5 True/False questions
crossing over → A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with guanine in DNA and RNA.
anaphase → Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
multiple allele system → The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
gene → Heritable unit of information in DNA
kinase → A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.