5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cell cycle
- semiconservative replication
- germ cell
- a A cell that can undergoes meiosis and give rise to gametes.
- b Describes the process of DNA replication, by which one strand of each copy of a DNA molecule is new, and the other is a strand of the original DNA.
- c Stage of mitosis when sister chromatids separate and move to opposite spindle poles.
- d first cell of a new individual, fertilized
- e The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
5 Multiple choice questions
- one allele is not fully dominant over another, the phenotype is somewhere in between
- Process when chromosomes exchange corresponding segments; puts nonparental combinations of alleles in gametes.
- Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
- Three or more alleles persist in a population.
- observable traits.
5 True/False questions
metaphase → Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway
Punnett square → observable traits.
sex chromosome → One of two attached members of a duplicated eukaryotic chromosome.
independent assortment → alleles are distributed into gametes independently of alleles of all other genes during meiosis.
genotype → observable traits.