5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- guanine (G)
- DNA repair mechanism
- cytosine (C)
- linkage group
- a One of several processes by which enzymes repair broken or mismatched DNA strands
- b A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- c All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
- d A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with guanine in DNA and RNA.
- e allele effects that are masked by a dominant allele on the chromosome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
- A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.
- cell division process that halves the chromosome number, to the haploid (n) number
- a single gene can affect multiple traits.
- one (n) of each type of chromosome characteristic of the species
5 True/False questions
kinase → Heritable unit of information in DNA
heterozygous → identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
histone → protein that structurally organizes chromosomes and part of nucleosomes.
multiple allele system → The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
SRY → gene that affects testes and sperm