5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Punnett square
- a A diagram used to predict the outcome of a testcross.
- b A genetically identical copy of DNA, a cell, or an organism.
- c specific alleles carried by an individual
- d allele effects that are masked by a dominant allele on the chromosome.
- e Cytoplasmic division
5 Multiple choice questions
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with guanine in DNA and RNA.
- first cell of a new individual, fertilized
- The location of a gene on a chromosome
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- reproductive cloning where genetic material is transferred from an adult cell into an unfertilized enucleated egg.
5 True/False questions
cell cycle → The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
pleiotropy → a single gene can affect multiple traits.
anaphase → The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
allele → A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.
reproductive cloning → Technology that produces genetically identical individuals; e.g., artificial twinning, SCNT.