5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- chromosome number
- a The sum of all chromosomes in a cell of a given type
- b A genetically identical copy of DNA, a cell, or an organism.
- c Mature, haploid reproductive cell
- d The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
- e Heritable unit of information in DNA
5 Multiple choice questions
- two different alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome Aa
- alleles are distributed into gametes independently of alleles of all other genes during meiosis.
- Reproductive mode by which offspring arise from one parent and inherit that parent's genes only
- region on a chromosome where sister chromatids are attached.
- cell division process that halves the chromosome number, to the haploid (n) number
5 True/False questions
nucleotide → a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group
homozygous recessive → identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
growth factor → Checkpoint gene product that stimulates cell division.
sequence → Heritable unit of information in DNA
codominance → A genetically identical copy of DNA, a cell, or an organism.