5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gene expression
- homologous chromosome
- bipolar spindle
- a when the information in a gene converts to a structural or functional part of a cell.
- b except for the nonidentical sex chromosomes, members of a pair have the same length, shape, and genes.
- c Mature male gamete.
- d dynamically assembled array of microtubules that moves chromosomes during mitosis or meiosis.
- e an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
5 Multiple choice questions
- Describes the process of DNA replication, by which one strand of each copy of a DNA molecule is new, and the other is a strand of the original DNA.
- protein that structurally organizes chromosomes and part of nucleosomes.
- Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
- The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
- Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
5 True/False questions
clone → Heritable unit of information in DNA
zygote → Heritable unit of information in DNA
gamete → Mature, haploid reproductive cell
incomplete dominance → a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.
DNA repair mechanism → One of several processes by which enzymes repair broken or mismatched DNA strands