5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a one (n) of each type of chromosome characteristic of the species
- b first cell of a new individual, fertilized
- c Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
- d The order of nucleotides in a strand of DNA or RNA.
- e an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
5 Multiple choice questions
- the chance a particular outcome of an event will occur; depends on the total number of outcomes possible.
- a range of small differences in a trait
- products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
- Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
- a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.
5 True/False questions
semiconservative replication → Describes the process of DNA replication, by which one strand of each copy of a DNA molecule is new, and the other is a strand of the original DNA.
cytosine (C) → A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with guanine in DNA and RNA.
neoplasm → abnormal mass of cells that lost control over their cell cycle.
heterozygous → two different alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome Aa
homologous chromosome → except for the nonidentical sex chromosomes, members of a pair have the same length, shape, and genes.