5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gene expression
- semiconservative replication
- a when the information in a gene converts to a structural or functional part of a cell.
- b Describes the process of DNA replication, by which one strand of each copy of a DNA molecule is new, and the other is a strand of the original DNA.
- c Heritable unit of information in DNA
- d products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
- e one (n) of each type of chromosome characteristic of the species
5 Multiple choice questions
- cell division process that halves the chromosome number, to the haploid (n) number
- specific alleles carried by an individual
- Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
- One of two attached members of a duplicated eukaryotic chromosome.
- Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
5 True/False questions
nucleotide → allele effects that are masked by a dominant allele on the chromosome.
mutation → Permanent, small-scale change in DNA. Primary source of new alleles
cytosine (C) → A type of nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with adenine; does not occur in RNA.
homozygous dominant → a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.
guanine (G) → A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also base-pairs with thymine in DNA and uracil in RNA.