5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cell cycle
- sex chromosome
- homozygous recessive
- a Member of a pair of chromosomes that differs between males and females.
- b The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
- c Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway
- d gene that affects testes and sperm
- e a pair of recessive alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., aa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The order of nucleotides in a strand of DNA or RNA.
- replication enzyme; assembles a new DNA from free nucleotides
- Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
- Three or more alleles persist in a population.
- Mature male gamete.
5 True/False questions
Punnett square → a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group
DNA repair mechanism → Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
sister chromatid → Member of a pair of chromosomes that differs between males and females.
DNA replication → Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
mitosis → cell division mechanism that maintains the chromosome number.