Upgrade to remove ads
APES FRQ Everglades
Terms in this set (7)
2 human activities other than climate change that have resulted in a decrease in the amount of freshwater flowing in the everglades?
1) Wetlands have been replaced/filled in for agricultural use or housing development
2) The water is used for industrial purposes such as production of goods
1 human activity that has led to increased phosphorus levels?
Runoff of animal waste from factory farming or feedlots
1 way an increase in phosphorus levels negatively affect the everglades?
high levels of phosphorus kills species located in the everglades that are adapted to low concentrations of it and may give advantage to harmful species who are adapted to the increased phosphorus
How do you reduce phosphorus inputs from the activity identified in part one?
build waste lagoons around agricultural areas so the waste doesn't runoff
identify and describe one example of an impact on the everglades likely to result from climate change
1) higher temperature leads to increased evaporation and low water levels
2) higher temperatures lead to higher water temperature
3) an increase in temperature can negatively impact species that are unable to tolerate certain temps.
one way restoring water quantity and quality in the everglades might improve the ecosystem
there would be more biodiversity because species would be provided with habitats again
one way everglades provides economic benefits
increased tourism to the national park if it is well maintained
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
FRQs Test 2 APES
APES Review Chapter 11
Biology Final Exam
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
LIFE 103 Exam 2
Lab Quiz: Mollusca
Lab Practical 1
Bio Test 1