5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- THe elements in the same group have ________ characteristics
- What are the two differences between Mendeleev's table and the modern periodic table?
- In the sun when isotopes of hydrogen fuse they make nuclei of ______
- Who discovered a way to measure the positive charge ( the atomic number) on an atom's nucleus?
- From left to right, the properties of elements in a period change in a _________
- a similar
- b pattern
- c (1) new elements have been added as they were discovered (2) arranged in order of atomic number , NOT atomic mass
- d Henry Moseley in 1913
- e helium
5 Multiple choice questions
- heaviest elements
- a supernova
- the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
- Mendeleev, 63
5 True/False questions
Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________ → iron.
Like many stars, the sun is made of mostly which element? → hydrogen
Dmitri Mendeleev discovered a set of __________ applied to all the elements. → patterns
The properties of an element can be predicted from its location in the __________ _______ → properties
THe matter in the sun and its planets originally came from a gigantic _________ → groups