5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is nuclear fusion?
- The verticals columns are called _________
- What is plasma?
- The _________ of an element can be predicted from its location in the periodic table
- When these nuclei in the plasma collide they join together and form larger nuclei and release huge amounts of ___________
- a when smaller nuclei combine and form larger nuclei - in stars
- b groups
- c properties
- d energy
- e a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
5 Multiple choice questions
- the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
- they are blown of into space as the star burns out
- Mendeleev, 63
5 True/False questions
The horizontal rows are called _________ → groups
By 1869 how many elements had been discovered? → 63
Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________ → iron.
What do we call it when a star explodes? → when smaller nuclei combine and form larger nuclei - in stars
What is the most important source of energy in the sun? → a supernova