5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A supernova provides enough energy to create the ________ ____________
- What are the four things (from top to bottom) that are included in each square for an element?
- From left to right, the properties of elements in a period change in a _________
- WHere do the elements come from?
- The hydrogen is at high pressure and extremely high temperatures and it's state of matter is _______
- a (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
- b stars
- c heaviest elements
- d pattern
- e plasma
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mendeleev, 63
- When hydrogen fuses to form helium nuclei and energy is produced
- they are blown of into space as the star burns out
5 True/False questions
Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________ → iron.
The properties of an element can be predicted from its location in the __________ _______ → periodic table
How did Mendeleev arrange the elements? → a supernova
Like many stars, the sun is made of mostly which element? → hydrogen
THe elements in the same group have ________ characteristics → periods