5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happens to the heavy elements that a supernove creates?
- In 1869 _________ published the first periodic table with ______ elements and three missing elements?
- Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________
- The verticals columns are called _________
- WHere do the elements come from?
- a groups
- b stars
- c Mendeleev, 63
- d they are blown of into space as the star burns out
- e iron.
5 Multiple choice questions
- heaviest elements
- (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
5 True/False questions
THe elements in the same group have ________ characteristics → similar
When these nuclei in the plasma collide they join together and form larger nuclei and release huge amounts of ___________ → energy
The horizontal rows are called _________ → groups
Who discovered a way to measure the positive charge ( the atomic number) on an atom's nucleus? → families
From left to right the _________- of elements in a period change in a pattern → properties