5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- What do we call it when a star explodes?
- The _________ of an element can be predicted from its location in the periodic table
- What happens to the heavy elements that a supernove creates?
- What is atomic mass?
- a a supernova
- b properties
- c they are blown of into space as the star burns out
- d the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
5 Multiple choice questions
- Henry Moseley in 1913
- periodic table
- heaviest elements
- (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
5 True/False questions
THe matter in the sun and its planets originally came from a gigantic _________ → groups
WHere do the elements come from? → stars
Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________ → iron.
Like many stars, the sun is made of mostly which element? → in order of increasing atomic mass
WHen a helium nucleus fuses with a beryllium nucleus what is formed? → carbon