5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the two differences between Mendeleev's table and the modern periodic table?
- What do we call it when a star explodes?
- The hydrogen is at high pressure and extremely high temperatures and it's state of matter is _______
- Who discovered a way to measure the positive charge ( the atomic number) on an atom's nucleus?
- From left to right, the properties of elements in a period change in a _________
- a pattern
- b Henry Moseley in 1913
- c plasma
- d (1) new elements have been added as they were discovered (2) arranged in order of atomic number , NOT atomic mass
- e a supernova
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mendeleev, 63
- in order of increasing atomic mass
5 True/False questions
The verticals columns are called _________ → groups
Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________ → periods
What is plasma? → the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
Helium builds up in the sun's core and one or two helium nuclei fuse and form _________ → beryllium
What happens to the heavy elements that a supernove creates? → they are blown of into space as the star burns out