5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the two differences between Mendeleev's table and the modern periodic table?
- THe elements in the same group have ________ characteristics
- How did Mendeleev arrange the elements?
- What is nuclear fusion?
- What is atomic mass?
- a when smaller nuclei combine and form larger nuclei - in stars
- b in order of increasing atomic mass
- c similar
- d (1) new elements have been added as they were discovered (2) arranged in order of atomic number , NOT atomic mass
- e the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
5 Multiple choice questions
- a supernova
- Mendeleev, 63
5 True/False questions
What are the four things (from top to bottom) that are included in each square for an element? → When hydrogen fuses to form helium nuclei and energy is produced
By 1869 how many elements had been discovered? → 63
What is plasma? → a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
What are groups in the periodic table sometimes called? → families
The hydrogen is at high pressure and extremely high temperatures and it's state of matter is _______ → plasma