6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- sets of items, using one of which excludes the others in the set, (closed system) eg Monday, Tuesday etc (open-ended) vehicles: cars, bus, lorry, van etc
- 'finger' is a __________of 'hand' because a finger is part of a hand
- Words that are written and pronounced the same, but have a different meaning, for example: bat (the animal) & bat ( the thing you use in cricket).
- the position in a text a word likes to appear in
- A word that is opposite in meaning to another one, for example: cold - hot.
- words that have the same spelling but different pron, e.g. a windy road / a windy night
5 True/False questions
converses → words which have different spelling but the same pron, e.g. won / one
Polysemy → the relationship between words represented by the formula X is a type of Y, as in a mango is a type of fruit. In this case, mango is a _________ of fruit.
Superordinate → A word which is more generic than a given word or words. For example: transport is the ___________ of train, bus, taxi, tram, etc...
hyponym → a word that has the same or very similar meaning to another word.
Synonym → a word that has the same or very similar meaning to another word.