5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A word which is more generic than a given word or words. For example: transport is the ___________ of train, bus, taxi, tram, etc...
- words which have different spelling but the same pron, e.g. won / one
- a group of related words (which are co-hyponyms - Thornbury), e.g. doctor, dentist, accountant
- words that have the same spelling but different pron, e.g. a windy road / a windy night
- the relationship between words represented by the formula X is a type of Y, as in a mango is a type of fruit. In this case, mango is a _________ of fruit.
5 True/False questions
meronym → 'finger' is a __________of 'hand' because a finger is part of a hand
converses → a form of 'oppositeness', where there is a reciprocal relationship, e.g. buy and sell / lend and borrow
complementaries → a form of 'oppositeness', where there is a reciprocal relationship, e.g. buy and sell / lend and borrow
Antonym → A word that is opposite in meaning to another one, for example: cold - hot.
multiple taxonomy/incompatibles → sets of items, using one of which excludes the others in the set, (closed system) eg Monday, Tuesday etc (open-ended) vehicles: cars, bus, lorry, van etc