5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fold Mountains
- a a mass of rotating or whirling fluid or air that whirls in a rotary direction
- b an area with similar characteristics.
- c a name for trees which lose their leaves every year
- d trees such as evergreens that have cones and needle-shaped leaves, and keep their foliage throughout the winter
- e mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
5 Multiple choice questions
- climate type that is strongly influenced by the closeness of an ocean or other large water body. The annual temperature range tends to be small and precipitation is high.
- A long, narrow valley in Earth's crust where two continental plates are separating or between two faults.
- climate that has warm summers and cool winters
- Area on the leeward slope of mountain range where percipitation is greatly reduced compared to the wind ward slope on the other side.
- rock that is formed from layers of sediments that are pressed and squeezed together until it hardens
5 True/False questions
Sink → a place in which liquid collects
Tornado → a brief, violently destructive windstorm occurring over land, funnel-shaped
Brackish → low-lying wet land that floods in wet weather
Plateau → a raised area of flat land
Topography → the shape of the land