5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Maritime Climate
- a slightly salty
- b Northern, or of the Arctic.
- c tropical storm with violent wind and heavy rain
- d climate type that is strongly influenced by the closeness of an ocean or other large water body. The annual temperature range tends to be small and precipitation is high.
- e steep cliff or slope formed by erosion or faulting
5 Multiple choice questions
- pertaining to the structure of the earth's crust
- the usual shape of a tornado; tube of winds spiraling at high speeds
- mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
- an area with similar characteristics.
- Area on the leeward slope of mountain range where percipitation is greatly reduced compared to the wind ward slope on the other side.
5 True/False questions
Volcanic Mountains → mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
Erode → a vast treeless plain in the Arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line. Bushes, grasses, mosses, and similar plants dominate.
Faulting → movement along a crack (fault) or cracks in the earth's crust
Rift Valley → A long, narrow valley in Earth's crust where two continental plates are separating or between two faults.
Climate → a raised area of flat land