5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fold Mountains
- Rift Valley
- a A long, narrow valley in Earth's crust where two continental plates are separating or between two faults.
- b plants that grow naturally in an area
- c mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
- d A level bog or swamp found in Canada
- e low-lying wet land that floods in wet weather
5 Multiple choice questions
- a vast treeless plain in the Arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line. Bushes, grasses, mosses, and similar plants dominate.
- the usual shape of a tornado; tube of winds spiraling at high speeds
- a brief, violently destructive windstorm occurring over land, funnel-shaped
- Northern, or of the Arctic.
- rock that is formed from layers of sediments that are pressed and squeezed together until it hardens
5 True/False questions
Delta → a region formed by deposits of silt or soil at the mouth of a river
Continental Climate → climate type that is strongly influenced by the closeness of an ocean or other large water body. The annual temperature range tends to be small and precipitation is high.
Hurricane → tropical storm with violent wind and heavy rain
Faulting → a region formed by deposits of silt or soil at the mouth of a river
Topography → climate that has warm summers and cool winters