5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- party realignment
- 1st threat to reason
- general election campaign
- campaign resources
- cognitive component of political socialization
- a The displacement of the majority party by the minority party. usually during a critical election period.
- b -elected by electoral college
-less ideology, more moderate
- c acquisition of factual info and the reasoning from those factual elements
- d there are those who seldom reason at all, but think like others (parents, preachers etc.)
- e -money
5 Multiple choice questions
- Roots with Edmond Burke (British member of parliament), we have a variant of Burkean conservatism
is also close to the classic lockean liberalism
- taken up by 2 states, maine and nebraska,
each state the congressional districts vote and the overall winner gains 2 votes automatically. then each candidate receives votes by district.
- sincerely follow reason, but are short sighted, particular veiws. do not have complete valid knowledge.
- -nature of the times
- think of politics mainly in terms of the groups they liked or disliked, ex "Republicans support small business owners like me" (largest group)
5 True/False questions
United State's Ideology → conservative, Lockean liberalism
when fed. elect. laws govern campaign finance → -in wake of scandal
linkage institutions → the channels through which people's concerns become political issues on the governments policy agenda. in the united states linkage institutions include elections, political parties, interest groups, and the media.
Elements of conservatism → -beliefs and values of the past needs to be conserved and passed on to next generation
-central government is unique, no one else can hold that power
-suspicious of central govt., like state and local power
-economy can fix itself
-more inclined to emphasize liberty
Political Socialization → the process through which a young person acquires political orientations as the grow up, based on inputs from parents, teachers, the media, and friends, lasts from cradle to the grave