5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- proportional representation
- political parties
- when fed. elect. laws govern campaign finance
- No issue content
- public opinion
- a more inclined to have an ideology, campaigns for cities, recruits candidates
- b the distribution of the population's beliefs about politics and policy issues
- c Voting simply on the personalities of the candidate or the party, no ideological views or knowledge what so ever
- d -in wake of scandal
- e parties run lots of candidates for seats.. they get seats proportional to the percent of the votes they get.
5 Multiple choice questions
- elections to select party nominees in which voters are presented with a list of candidates from all the parties. voters can then select some democrats and some republicans if they like.
- religious tolerance, thoughts on education, the conduct of understanding, the liberal citizen must have a knowledge of threats to his rational indep. thought
-after child has grown up he/she is responsible for beliefs
-the liberal citizen must examine oneself
-views need to be largely independent and self formed
- has a strong bias against minor parties, prefers 2 parties
- family, peer group, schools, media
- meetings where registered voters go to a place and discuss and debate. then they vote, sometimes they move apart to vote sometimes they dont.
5 True/False questions
John C. Freemont → the distribution of the population's beliefs about politics and policy issues
The American Voter → -Group Association
-Nature of the Times
-No issue content
general election campaign → -elected by electoral college
-less ideology, more moderate
campaign resources → meetings where registered voters go to a place and discuss and debate. then they vote, sometimes they move apart to vote sometimes they dont.
3rd theory of interest group politics → (1960's) negative assessment. elite theory.
-developed by mcConnell, Lindblom
-excessive responsiveness to a dominant interest
-pac-political action committees
-money speaks, contributes more money to campaigns
-gov must be sensitive to the business views bc they control jobs