5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- public financing
- Modern/Reform Liberalism
- when fed. elect. laws govern campaign finance
- closed primaries
- a government at all levels can make an impact on society by improving the quality of life
- b dem and rep gets government money upfront, any others actually have to wait till the end of the election and must get 5% of the popular vote to get compensation.
- c -in wake of scandal
- d meetings where registered voters go to a place and discuss and debate. then they vote, sometimes they move apart to vote sometimes they dont.
- e elections to set party nominees in which only people who have registered in advance with the party can vote for that parties candidates thus encouraging greater party loyalty.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the process through which a young person acquires political orientations as the grow up, based on inputs from parents, teachers, the media, and friends, lasts from cradle to the grave
- religious tolerance, thoughts on education, the conduct of understanding, the liberal citizen must have a knowledge of threats to his rational indep. thought
-after child has grown up he/she is responsible for beliefs
-the liberal citizen must examine oneself
-views need to be largely independent and self formed
- wanted america to avoid entanglements in european powers, sectionalism with in the country, and was against political parties because the people would give priority to the parties and not the government
- 1970's by Lowi. Hyper pluralist theory
-there are to many interest groups (many groups being formed in '70s
- with in each district only 1 will get elected, the way elections are won is based on this
5 True/False questions
factors before declaring nomination for pres. → -nature of the times
proportional representation → parties run lots of candidates for seats.. they get seats proportional to the percent of the votes they get.
general election campaign → -elected by electoral college
-less ideology, more moderate
affective component of political socialization → acquisition of factual info and the reasoning from those factual elements
electoral college(creation etc.) → has a strong bias against minor parties, prefers 2 parties