1. Physiological - basic needs includes air, food, water, sex, sleep5. Self-actualization - morality, creativity, problem solving, etc. Maslow states that learning takes place here
2. Safety - includes stability and consistency... security of environment, employment,religion, resources, health, property, etc.
3. Love and Belongingness - people need to belong to groups: churches , schools, clubs, gangs, families, includes love, friendship, intimacy, etc.
4. Esteem - includes confidence, self-esteem, achievement, respect, etc. attention and recognition from others
5. Self- Actualization : knowledge, peace , self-fulfillment