Management Test 1 Hopkins
Terms in this set (8)
What are individual and managerial ethics?
1. Individual Ethics is and individuals personal beliefs about whether a behavior, action, or decision is right or wrong.
2. Managerial ethics is stands of behavior that guide individual managers in their work. Ex: how an organization treats its employees. How employees treat the organization. How everyone treats customers, stockholders, suppliers, dealers, and unions.
What is meant by company's Code of Ethics?
They are used to manage ethical behavior. Emphasizing ethical behavior takes many forms, but starts with top management. By training and education. Values also serve as codes of ethics.
What is meant by Organizational Justice?
What is social responsibility and who are a business's interested stakeholders?
what are the arguments for and against social responsibility?
What are the stances or approaches business takes regarding social responsibility?
How does government and business influence each other regarding social responsibility?
What is Hopkins' Decision Making Test?
You ask yourself:
1. Long term- is it good long term for the business (vs. only short term)
2. Legal - is it legal?
3. Values - is it consistent with your company values? and is it consistent wit your personal values?
4. Public: is it a decision that you would be personally proud of speaking about publicly? "The Momma test" If your momma knew about this, would you be proud of it..