5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mayflower Compact
- a Indian empire conquered by the Spanish, many of them died from European diseases
- b a group of people who settle in a distant land but are still ruled by the government of their native land
- c the mistreatement or punishment of certain people because of their beliefs, like not following the established church of a state
- d a 1620 agreement written by the Pilgrims to govern their colony by establishing laws for the general good
- e Indian empire that eventually lost control of their government to the Spanish because of fighting among themselves
5 Multiple choice questions
- an area of settlements in North and South America that we conquered by conquistadors.
- below the creoles, they were people who were of mixed Spanish and Indian background in New Spain
- the chosen religion of a state; most rulers during the 1500s supported this practice.
- edge of New Spain that stretched form present day Florida to present day California, explorers met a stron Indian resistance here
- representatives to the government
5 True/False questions
coureurs de bois → forts where soldiers lived in New Spain
plantation → the mistreatement or punishment of certain people because of their beliefs, like not following the established church of a state
Pilgrims → in the 1600s, English settlers who sought religious freedom in the Americas; settled the colony of Plymoth in Massachusetts. After struggling to survive their first winter they were helped by Native Americans to better learn how to fish and farm.
Protestant Reformation → large estate farmed by many workers
precedent → representative assembly in England