5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spanish borderlands
- a Engligh colony in Virginia; located in a swampy area, the colonists suffered from disease spread by mosquitoes, conflicts with Native Americans and starvation.
- b edge of New Spain that stretched form present day Florida to present day California, explorers met a stron Indian resistance here
- c in the 1600s, English settlers who sought religious freedom in the Americas; settled the colony of Plymoth in Massachusetts. After struggling to survive their first winter they were helped by Native Americans to better learn how to fish and farm.
- d Wampanoag Indian who helped the Pilgrims to grow native crops
- e below the Peninsulares, they were people who were born in New Spain to Spanish parents
5 Multiple choice questions
- large estate farmed by many workers
- signed in 1215, a British document that contained two basic ideas: monarchs themselves have to obey the laws, and citizens have basic rights
- an area of settlements in North and South America that we conquered by conquistadors.
- example for others to follow in the future
- government in which voters elect representatives to make laws for them
5 True/False questions
missions → religious settlements run by Catholic priests and friars
Parliament → representative assembly in England
peninsulares → top social class of New Spain, people who were born in Spain and held the highest jobs in government and the Church.
Christopher Colombus → a 1620 agreement written by the Pilgrims to govern their colony by establishing laws for the general good
Protestant Reformation → large estate farmed by many workers