5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Spain
- House of Burgesses
- a Engligh colony in Virginia; located in a swampy area, the colonists suffered from disease spread by mosquitoes, conflicts with Native Americans and starvation.
- b representative assembly in colonial Virginia; it began a tradition of representative government in the English colonies
- c below the Peninsulares, they were people who were born in New Spain to Spanish parents
- d an area of settlements in North and South America that we conquered by conquistadors.
- e a group of people who settle in a distant land but are still ruled by the government of their native land
5 Multiple choice questions
- a 1620 agreement written by the Pilgrims to govern their colony by establishing laws for the general good
- top social class of New Spain, people who were born in Spain and held the highest jobs in government and the Church.
- forts where soldiers lived in New Spain
- to sail completely around the world
- towns in New Spain
5 True/False questions
charter → below the Peninsulares, they were people who were born in New Spain to Spanish parents
Christopher Colombus → looking for a route to Asia and found the Americas, he did NOT discover America, but his voyage did have a lasting impact! His voyages led to trade between the Eastern and Western Hemispheres
Columbian Exchange → the global exchange of goods and ideas resulting from the encounter between the peoples of the Eastern and Western hemispheres
representative government → the mistreatement or punishment of certain people because of their beliefs, like not following the established church of a state
coureurs de bois → French colonists who lived and worked in the woods