5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- solubility rule 5:
- two soluble reactions:
- solubility rule 3:
- a have no reaction
- b react with liquid water to produce a base + h2 (oh and h2)
- c binary compounds of group 17 other than F with metals are soluble except those of silver, mercury I, and lead
- d react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
- e except for those in rule 1, carbonates, hydroxides, oxides, sulfides, and phosphates are insoluble.
5 Multiple choice questions
- they form a 7 on the periodic table: H, N, F,Cl,O,Br,I. all have a 2 at the end
- nitrates and acetates are soluble.
5 True/False questions
In single replacement rxns: → a element can replace any element in a compound if the element in the compound is below it on the electromotive series.
single replacement rules: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
single replacement: → ab+cd=cb+ad
one soluble and one insoluble: → the reactions does occur
single replacement rxns with nonmetals: → only use the periodic table, no electromotive series! a nonmetal can replace a nonmetal below itself on the periodic table!
f, o, cl, br, i