5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- if it has H2SO4:
- solubility rule 3:
- law of conservation of mass:
- solubility rule 5:
- a binary compounds of group 17 other than F with metals are soluble except those of silver, mercury I, and lead
- b this means a catalyst is present!
- c except for those in rule 1, carbonates, hydroxides, oxides, sulfides, and phosphates are insoluble.
- d matter is neither created nor destroyed!
- e a+b=ab
5 Multiple choice questions
- nitrates and acetates are soluble.
- will occur only if: both products are soluble, and it is a reaction between a acid and a base! memorize solubility rules!
- chemical bonds are broken, atoms are rearranged and new chemical bonds are formed.
- only use the periodic table, no electromotive series! a nonmetal can replace a nonmetal below itself on the periodic table!
f, o, cl, br, i
5 True/False questions
one soluble and one insoluble: → have a reaction
subscripts: → a+b=ab
k-pb: → react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
Single replacement rxns: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
k-cd: → react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)