5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In single replacement rxns:
- the middle arrow:
- on the right is the:
- Single replacement rxns:
- a they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
- b yields
- c will react with acids to produce a salt + h2
- d a element can replace any element in a compound if the element in the compound is below it on the electromotive series.
- e products
5 Multiple choice questions
- this means a catalyst is present!
- chemical bonds are broken, atoms are rearranged and new chemical bonds are formed.
- have a reaction
- react with liquid water to produce a base + h2 (oh and h2)
- 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
5 True/False questions
both insoluble: → a+b=ab
single replacement: → a+bc= b+ac
solubility rule 3: → nitrates and acetates are soluble.
solubility rule 4: → all sulfates are soluble except those of barium, strontium, lead, calcium, silver, and mercury I.
single replacement rxns with nonmetals: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.