5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- single replacement:
- Diatomic elements:
- one soluble and one insoluble:
- a ab=a+b
- b a+bc= b+ac
- c they form a 7 on the periodic table: H, N, F,Cl,O,Br,I. all have a 2 at the end
- d react with liquid water to produce a base + h2 (oh and h2)
- e have a reaction
5 Multiple choice questions
- group 1A and ammonium is soluble!
- this means a catalyst is present!
- nitrates and acetates are soluble.
- 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
5 True/False questions
if a yield sign has a triangle on top: → this means the reaction is heated!
Synthesis: → a+b=ab
In single replacement rxns: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
law of conservation of mass: → matter is neither created nor destroyed!
two soluble reactions: → hydrocarbon + o2= co2 + h2o