Upgrade to remove ads
bio exam 3 181
Terms in this set (20)
1. Which of the following materials cycle through an ecosystem
Carbon, Nitrogen, Water
2. The energy that goes to the production of new tissue or growth by autotrophic organisms and becomes available to higher trophic levels is termed
Net Primary Production
4. Aquatic phosphorus pollution can result in
Algal Blooms, Oxygen depletion
5. The idea that protist diversity came about as a result of unicellular organisms engulfing other cells which then became organelles is known as which theory:
6. A taxonomic group which contains a common ancestor but not all of its descendants is known as
7. The evolutionary history of a species or group of species is known as
8. An organism which may be shaped like a rod, sphere, or spiral, moves by taxis, has a ring of DNA, and causes disease belongs to the group
deuterostomes, coelomates, have a notochord at some point in development, bilateral symmetry
10. A unicellular organism that is considered phytoplankton and has a true nucleus belongs to which group?
11. Aquatic organisms similar to amoebas, but with thread-like pseudopodia which extend from the center belong to which group?
12. An earthworm is a segmented worm and belongs to which of the following groups
14. The most fundamental difference between prokaryotes and eukaryotes is that eukaryotes have
a membrane-bound nucleus
16. What is the tangled mass of branched filaments that typically forms the fungal body?
17. An organism which uses a flagellum to move, has a membrane-bound nucleus, is photosynthetic, and causes sleeping sickness, belongs to which group
18. You find an organism that looks like a mushroom. Upon closer inspection, you notice that it has gill-like structures underneath its mushroom cap. You decide that this organism belongs to the fungal group known as:
19. The sponge belongs to the phylum ____ and has_____.
a. Porifera; no symmetry or tissues
What is a grasshopper classified as?
21. Squid and octopus are classified into which of the following invertebrate phyla?
22. A crayfish belongs to which phylum?
23. Legumes are often associated with nitrogen-fixing root nodules formed by
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Practice Test for Bish
bio 181 exam 3
7th Science 1st Semester Vocab
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
ANS Lecture 15
ANS Lecture 14
ANS 415 Lecture 13