Wordly Wise: Level 5, Lesson 8
Terms in this set (15)
1. To bring together into a group; to gather.
2. To put or fit together.
A large meal for many people; a feast.
The load carried by a plane or ship.
A barrel-shaped container, especially one for holding liquids.
To honor something in a special way.
1. (v) To become smaller or less.
2. (n) The amount by which something becomes smaller.
1. Reckless because of feelings of despair.
2. So serious as to be almost hopeless.
1. (adj) Safe or fit to be eaten.
2. (n) An item of food; anything that can be eaten.
Not serious or important; silly.
1. (n) The gathering of ripe crops for a season.
2. (v) To gather in the crops.
1. To chop down or cut with blows from an ax.
2. To cut or shape with blows of an ax or similar tool.
Unfriendly; of or like an enemy.
1. (v) To make a serious promise.
2. (n) A serious promise.
To succeed, especially in terms of money.
A piece of work that needs to be done.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
5th Grade Wordly Wise Lesson 8 Vocabulary
WW L. 8
Vocab Lesson 8
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Wordly Wise 3000 Level 5 Lesson 9 no pictures
Wordly Wise 3000: Level 5, Lesson 8 with pictures
Social Studies Unit 4- 13 Colonies Quiz
25 state / capitals list 2