5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Saliva Types
- Glycogen breaks down (Catabolism) to?
- a the volume of oxygen that is absorbed by the body per minute and supplied to the tissues, it's abbreviation is?
- b Helps maintain a constant body temp. by balancing the amt of heat lost w/the heat produced.
*Increased Sweat Production
- c *Watery-dissolve Food
*Mucus-makes food stick together
*Salivary amylase-begins starch digestion in mouth
- d What is Inorganic substances necessary for body functions. i.e. muscle contraction Essential to health?
- e Glucose
5 Multiple choice questions
- Average meal reaches duodenum in how many hrs?
- Large amounts of heat.
- *Slows at exercise intensities >70-80% VO2 max
*Same rate at rest/exercise intensities <70% VO2 max
*Affected by persons fitness & the more fit, the less exercise affects it
*Not affected by exercise duration
*Affected differently by different types of activities.
*Maximal rates 0f 1-1.2 L/hr with gastric volumes of 100-200 mL
- Carb-> Glycogen->glucose ->glycogen
5 True/False questions
Diverticulosis → Inflammation of abnormal side pockets in the intestinal wall.
Stomach Digestion → 1. Semi-liquid & contains ~50% water
*Food remain in stomach about 0.5-2hr
*Gastric juice (mucus, HCL)=2000-2500 mL/d
3. Food Leaves:
*CHO:protein;lipid(takes the longest)
4. Stomach emptied in 1-4 hr
*Strenuous Exercise may delay gastric emptying by decreased blood flow
*Lipid & protein delay gastric emptying
Glycogenolysis → (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen
What is an organic substances(can contain minerals) and Essential to health? → CHO(carbohydrate)is present
Chyme → Well liquefied mass in stomach ->(pylorus)