5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Increases or decreases GI activity are controlled by what system?
- What is produced by Organic acid?
- a Hormonal System
- b Pyruvic Acid
- c Well liquefied mass in stomach ->(pylorus)
- d Sphincters; prevent back-flow (influenced by nervous system).
- e What is Inorganic substances necessary for body functions. i.e. muscle contraction Essential to health?
5 Multiple choice questions
- No, loss is minimal
- the volume of oxygen that is absorbed by the body per minute and supplied to the tissues, it's abbreviation is?
- 1. Semi-liquid & contains ~50% water
*Food remain in stomach about 0.5-2hr
*Gastric juice (mucus, HCL)=2000-2500 mL/d
3. Food Leaves:
*CHO:protein;lipid(takes the longest)
4. Stomach emptied in 1-4 hr
*Strenuous Exercise may delay gastric emptying by decreased blood flow
*Lipid & protein delay gastric emptying
5 True/False questions
Diarrhea → Loose, watery, frequent stools
Symptoms of diseases/infections
Can cause dehydration
Fat-soluble nutrient go into?
(lacteals are lymph digest system) → Lymph
Glucose Metabolism → *Nutrients absorbed from the digestive tract are used for all the body's cellular activities; Catabolism & Anabolism.
*Glucose is the main energy source for body cells, the building blocks of fats & protein may metabolize for energy.
Diverticulosis → Abnormal side pockets in the intestinal wall;
High fiber diet decreases formation,
How is Heat Primarily Dissipated? → (and essential fatty acids), Amino acids that are needed, but cannot be made by the body; they must be eatin in foods.
* Nine of the twenty amino acids that are essential nutrients: lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, leucine, isoleucine, valine, phenylalanine, and histidine