5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Digestion is affected by:
- Essential amino acids
- Heat Production
- Energy Contents yield?
- a *Byproduct of cellular respiration
* Tissues generate more ATP produce more heat
*Influenced by hormones (thyroxine & epinephrine)
*Influenced by exercise & digestion
- b (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen
- c *Mild exercise- enhances digestive
*Violent exercise- inhibits digestion
*Fluid speeds digestion
- d Fat yield twice the amt of energy (per unit wt) as proteins or carbs.
- e (and essential fatty acids), Amino acids that are needed, but cannot be made by the body; they must be eatin in foods.
* Nine of the twenty amino acids that are essential nutrients: lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, leucine, isoleucine, valine, phenylalanine, and histidine
5 Multiple choice questions
- *Surface of Skin
*Second, thru expiration of air
*Elimination of urine & Feces
- Helps maintain a constant body temp. by balancing the amt of heat lost w/the heat produced.
*Increased Sweat Production
- Dilation & Constriction of superficial blood vessels.
- *Large Intestine (5ft long) (cecum, Colon, Rectum)
*Site of Water, Salt, Vit absorpt
*Only no nutrition left, only waste (cellulose pectins, pentosans,oth)
5 True/False questions
Constipation → Amino acids to proteins, glucose to starch
Synthesis → Amino acids to proteins, glucose to starch
Stomach Digestion → Hard, dry, infrequent stools
Reduced by high fiber, fluid intake, exercise
Absorption in Small Intestines takes place thru? → *Pores; carriers; pumps; pinocytosis (drinking in)
* Not just a process of diffusion
*Active "shuttle" transport
*Carriers are specific
*Take energy (kCal) for digestion; Dietary induced thermagenesis
The heat loss thru skin is called?
Bruni's Note:Rubbing alcohol on skin cools a person down when fever is present,(This practice is dangerous per internet research, and should not be used) → Evaporation