5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nervous System
- The transfer of heat by air currents. i.e. air conditioner
- the direct transfer of heat from one substance to another substance that it is touching. i.e. ice pack, touching hot tea cup
- a Loose, watery, frequent stools
Symptoms of diseases/infections
Can cause dehydration
- b Regulate GI activity
*Local system of nerves
*Central Nervous System
- c Convection
- d Conduction
- e Helps maintain a constant body temp. by balancing the amt of heat lost w/the heat produced.
*Increased Sweat Production
5 Multiple choice questions
- *Surface of Skin
*Second, thru expiration of air
*Elimination of urine & Feces
- Amino acids to proteins, glucose to starch
- Average meal reaches duodenum in how many hrs?
*Microvilli-Expand absorptive suface
5 True/False questions
Essential amino acids → *Parotid
Metabolic Rate → *Nutrients absorbed from the digestive tract are used for all the body's cellular activities; Catabolism & Anabolism.
*Glucose is the main energy source for body cells, the building blocks of fats & protein may metabolize for energy.
What regulates Heat Loss from the skin? → Dilation & Constriction of superficial blood vessels.
Does Electrolyte need to be replaced during exercise? → No, loss is minimal
Diverticulitis → Inflammation of abnormal side pockets in the intestinal wall.