5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Metabolic Rate
- Digestive System 7 Functions
- Krebs Cycle
- a *AKA (Citric Acid Cycle)
*Handles other substrates
*Intermediate molecules used: proteins & lipids
*Replenishment of intermediates necessary
- b *Amount of energy generated from nutrients in a given period.
*Varies per individual
- c * Receipt, maceration & transport of ingested substance & waste prod.
*Secretion of acid, mucus, digest enzymes, bile & oth materials
*Digestion of ingested foodstuffs
*Absorption of materials
*Storage of waste products
- d Broken down(Catabolism), known as glycolysis, occurs in the Cytoplasm in the Anaerobic. Produces +2 ATP molecules.
- e Abnormal side pockets in the intestinal wall;
High fiber diet decreases formation,
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pyruvic Acid
- Well liquefied mass in stomach ->(pylorus)
- Loose, watery, frequent stools
Symptoms of diseases/infections
Can cause dehydration
- Hormonal System
5 True/False questions
Does Electrolyte need to be replaced during exercise? → Pyruvic Acid
How is Heat Primarily Dissipated? → (and essential fatty acids), Amino acids that are needed, but cannot be made by the body; they must be eatin in foods.
* Nine of the twenty amino acids that are essential nutrients: lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, leucine, isoleucine, valine, phenylalanine, and histidine
Gastric Emptying Slowed by? → *Mild exercise- enhances digestive
*Violent exercise- inhibits digestion
*Fluid speeds digestion
Fat-soluble nutrient go into?
(lacteals are lymph digest system) → No, loss is minimal
When at rest. → Amino acids to proteins, glucose to starch