5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Digestive System 7 Functions
- Absorptive Mechanisms
- The transfer of heat by air currents. i.e. air conditioner
- Large Intestine Absorption
- Fat digestion produce?
- a *Passive diffusion
- b Glycerol & Fatty Acids
- c Convection
- d *Large Intestine (5ft long) (cecum, Colon, Rectum)
*Site of Water, Salt, Vit absorpt
*Only no nutrition left, only waste (cellulose pectins, pentosans,oth)
- e * Receipt, maceration & transport of ingested substance & waste prod.
*Secretion of acid, mucus, digest enzymes, bile & oth materials
*Digestion of ingested foodstuffs
*Absorption of materials
*Storage of waste products
5 Multiple choice questions
- Amino acids to proteins, glucose to starch
- Broken down(Catabolism), known as glycolysis, occurs in the Cytoplasm in the Anaerobic. Produces +2 ATP molecules.
- CHO(carbohydrate)is present
- (Catabolism/break down)Glycogen to glucose
5 True/False questions
Hypothalamus → Amino acids to proteins, glucose to starch
Saliva Glands → *Watery-dissolve Food
*Mucus-makes food stick together
*Salivary amylase-begins starch digestion in mouth
Metabolism → *Nutrients absorbed from the digestive tract are used for all the body's cellular activities; Catabolism & Anabolism.
*Glucose is the main energy source for body cells, the building blocks of fats & protein may metabolize for energy.
Valves → Sphincters; prevent back-flow (influenced by nervous system).
Energy Contents yield? → (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen