5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Working muscles produce?
- Does Electrolyte need to be replaced during exercise?
- a No, loss is minimal
- b (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen
- c Contains:
*dead mucosal cells
*non-absorbed remains of digestion
- d Hard, dry, infrequent stools
Reduced by high fiber, fluid intake, exercise
- e Large amounts of heat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Regulate GI activity
*Local system of nerves
*Central Nervous System
- Fat yield twice the amt of energy (per unit wt) as proteins or carbs.
- *Pores; carriers; pumps; pinocytosis (drinking in)
* Not just a process of diffusion
*Active "shuttle" transport
*Carriers are specific
*Take energy (kCal) for digestion; Dietary induced thermagenesis
- *Mild exercise- enhances digestive
*Violent exercise- inhibits digestion
*Fluid speeds digestion
5 True/False questions
Diverticulitis → Abnormal side pockets in the intestinal wall;
High fiber diet decreases formation,
Increases or decreases GI activity are controlled by what system? → CHO(carbohydrate)is present
Synthesis → (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen
What is an organic substances(can contain minerals) and Essential to health? → Vitamins
Metabolic Rate → *Amount of energy generated from nutrients in a given period.
*Varies per individual