5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Saliva Types
- Gastric Emptying Slowed by?
- a Sphincters; prevent back-flow (influenced by nervous system).
- b (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen
- c *High CHO, osmolality, protein/amino acids & low pH
- d *Watery-dissolve Food
*Mucus-makes food stick together
*Salivary amylase-begins starch digestion in mouth
- e Abnormal side pockets in the intestinal wall;
High fiber diet decreases formation,
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Semi-liquid & contains ~50% water
*Food remain in stomach about 0.5-2hr
*Gastric juice (mucus, HCL)=2000-2500 mL/d
3. Food Leaves:
*CHO:protein;lipid(takes the longest)
4. Stomach emptied in 1-4 hr
*Strenuous Exercise may delay gastric emptying by decreased blood flow
*Lipid & protein delay gastric emptying
- the volume of oxygen that is absorbed by the body per minute and supplied to the tissues, it's abbreviation is?
*Microvilli-Expand absorptive suface
- Hard, dry, infrequent stools
Reduced by high fiber, fluid intake, exercise
- Fat yield twice the amt of energy (per unit wt) as proteins or carbs.
5 True/False questions
The transfer of heat by air currents. i.e. air conditioner → Pyruvic Acid
The heat loss thru skin is called?
Bruni's Note:Rubbing alcohol on skin cools a person down when fever is present,(This practice is dangerous per internet research, and should not be used) → Convection
Does Electrolyte need to be replaced during exercise? → No, loss is minimal
Metabolic Rate → *Nutrients absorbed from the digestive tract are used for all the body's cellular activities; Catabolism & Anabolism.
*Glucose is the main energy source for body cells, the building blocks of fats & protein may metabolize for energy.
What regulates Heat Loss from the skin? → Dilation & Constriction of superficial blood vessels.